Final Fantasy Explorers Coming West January 2016

aeb3AAXm.jpg

Square Enix's 3DS title, Final Fantasy Explorers, has been announced for a western release in early 2016.

In Final Fantasy Explorers, you can team up with up to three other explorers to take on dungeons and collect crystals. It includes over 20 classes, eidolons, and a Trance feature that allows you to transform into legendary Final Fantasy characters. Take a look at the western announcement trailer below to see some gameplay and learn more.

Final Fantasy Explorers is set to release on January 26th, 2016 in North America, and on January 29th, 2016 in Europe.

:arrow: Source

Last edited by Nathan Drake,

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Looks pretty sweet actually.
I guess this is the closest we'll ever get to a new Crystal Chronicles game.

I see its already out in japanese so I may just grab it there...I had a habit of doing that for CC and I made it work, kinda. But good to know we'll get it in English.

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Anyone played the JP version by chance? At first glance it looks like it roughly follows the "hunting game" formula, how does it compare?

olshrimpeyes

Your question is bad and you should feel bad
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone played the JP version by chance? At first glance it looks like it roughly follows the "hunting game" formula, how does it compare?

It's it bit like monster hunter with all strategy ripped out, pretty much just a final fantasy hack n' slash. Honestly a pretty mediocre experience.:sad:

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
I will most likely get it... But I haven't heard very great things about it so far from those who've played it in Japan. They seem to think that it's very grindy in a way that's not very fun. But at the same time it looks great and I'm hoping I'll enjoy it!

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's it bit like monster hunter with all strategy ripped out, pretty much just a final fantasy hack n' slash. Honestly a pretty mediocre experience.:sad:

LMAO! Monster Hunter doesn't have any strategy to begin with. When you hack and slash away at monster, it either dies or runs away. To summit it up, monster hunter is Hack, Slash, Chase, rinse and repeat.

D

Deleted User

just downloaded it from eshop (jpn).
Its not bad at all - i kinda like it to be honest.
Its super fun to play, but indeed very grindy. But - well - that doesnt matter. Its a bit like the DS Games of Final Fantasy (the Chrystal saga games i mean)

D

Deleted User

LMAO! Monster Hunter doesn't have any strategy to begin with. When you hack and slash away at monster, it either dies or runs away. To summit it up, monster hunter is Hack, Slash, Chase, rinse and repeat.
Have you ever actually played a monster hunter game for more than the beginning two hours?

Reactions: gameandmatch

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
According to Japanese players this game is pretty mediocre. I might pick this up but I'm not sure.

I suppose you never made it to G-Rank then.

olshrimpeyes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You can play like that, but your not going to have very much fun and you're going to have a real hard time with biggest monsters. Getting good at monster hunter is all about timing attacks, learning the monsters moves, and hitting weak spots.

olshrimpeyes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wasn't impressed with jp version.... A little odd they're bringing it to the states so long after.
Yeah I got really hyped up for it, and then I played it and it was just so disappointing. I'm afraid squenix bringing this over will be the end of them publishing on the 3DS in the west if it does bad.

vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Somebody hasn't played Monster Hunter before.

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Dude, you are so wrong. That's like saying that Mario Kart is completely random as well.

There's a ton of strategy. Even if you hack to get the best of everything, you'll get your ass kicked if you have no idea what you're doing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool