Homebrew Final Fantasy Emulation

suprneb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was wondering if anyone could write up a list of playable final fantasy games (from 1 to whatever) that can be played either as an actual nds release or as a rom for an emulator

thanks in advance!
smile.gif

i know a couple of the final fantasies such as the american versions of ff2 and/or ff3 are unplayable on snemulds, which is why im looking for a list of playable games

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Final Fantasy I, II, III can all be played with NES DS (Using translation patches for II and III, and III was ported to the DS)

IV is getting another port to the DS.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well considering that the DS has a GBA slot, just patch the NES versions of 2 and 3 into english and throw all 3 into a PocketNES build in the GBA slot (or use NES DS if you go that way.) If you have a DS flash card then toss on the new FF3 DS instead. And with the GBA slot, just toss 4->6 on a card and go to town on those.

DS is great if you're a FF RPG fan as you can play the best of the traditional real series all in one place.

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
R4? Well, you at least won't be able to get 4-6 working at full speed that way. Unless they get a proper DS port. FF3 DS and the NES ones should work fine.

GBA has to have a GBA flash card or perhaps expansion kit (if R4 allows it). While PS1 needs a PSP, since unfortunately no one has made games for it run on any DS.

iritegood

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The SNES FF's won't work on SnemulDS afaik.

My ROMs:
Final Fantasy IV (U) (V1.1)
Final Fantasy V (J) [T+Eng1.1_RPGe]
Final Fantasy VI (U) (V1.1) [!]

Work fine for me (even though I've only played it for a bit)

Edit:
I meant
Final Fantasy II (U) (V1.1)
Final Fantasy V (J) [T+Eng1.1_RPGe]
Final Fantasy III (U) (V1.1) [!]

I just wrote it like that because the US releases were renamed.

Kellicros

Trophies
XP
Country
I would say just get a 3 in 1 expansion, it is cheap and if you can get R4, what is stopping you?

Let's see, with the expansion pack, it enables you to play:

Final Fantasy Dawn of Souls (1 + 2)
Final Fantasy 4~6 advanced

Then with R4 itself, FF3 remake for the DS, see? full old school FF collection perfectly with no emulation hassles.

After that, you may wanna collect those few FF Legends on the Gameboy and play them via Lameboy/Goomba.

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
FF Tactics Advanced for the GBA kicks total ass.

It kept me on my feet for approx. 500 hours.. Well that was a couple years back when I used VBA.

~Nero

iritegood

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yep, I get you, I was talking about Hazey, who thinks that, somehow, he is playing FFVI (III) SNES with SnemulDS.
He must be special.

I see what you mean now. I tried VI and V and they both didn't work (either too many graphical glitches or the game won't get past the intro), IV (II) however, worked.

So I guess the only games you could play on a slot-1 is 1-4

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt