Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles with GC Backup Loader Xi

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Covarr, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Covarr
    OP

Member Covarr Sentient Cash Register

United States
    Every time I've tried, I haven't been able to get Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (NTSC-U) to work. I've tried it with fstfix set to "F S T", "S T G", with no options enabled, and without fstfix at all. I've had varying results, ranging from a black screen for about 20 seconds followed by an error that says the data can not be read, to The Game Designers Studio logo for about 20 seconds followed by an error that says the data can not be read.

This baffles me, because the compatibility list says that it should work. I'm fairly certain that the media isn't at fault, because these same discs have had no problem for Luigi's Mansion (NTSC-U), Wario World (NTSC-U), Zelda: Four Swords Adventures (NTSC-U), and Nintendo Puzzle Collection (NTSC-J). Does anybody have any idea what I might be doing wrong?

2. MicShadow

Member MicShadow GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    A poor dump maybe? Different region game in the compatibility list?

3. Covarr
    OP

United States
    No, the region is correct.

I asked at the source of this dump if anybody else has had this problem with it. Presumably if it's a bad dump, nobody else will have gotten it to work either.

4. WalkerD

Member WalkerD GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Remember bad burns are always a possibility.

5. Covarr
    OP

United States
    Perhaps, but four bad burns in a row from a batch of discs that I've had no trouble with seems unlikely.

edit: If it matters, I've been using imgburn with 16x DVD+R (burning at 4x), setting booktype to DVD-ROM.