Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles will have a free to play version

ADVENTURE WITH FRIENDS FOR FREE WITH FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES REMASTERED EDITION LITE

New Features and Enhancements Make for an Even Bigger Adventure

Square Enix Ltd., today announced that FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES Remastered Edition, the highly anticipated update of the beloved action-RPG adventure coming to the Nintendo Switch system, the PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system and iOS and Android mobile devices, will launch alongside a free to download demo version called FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES Remastered Edition Lite.​

With FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES Remastered Edition Lite, adventurers can play through the first three dungeons in both single player and online multiplayer with cross-play functionality. Additionally, players who purchase the full game will be able to host multiplayer sessions with players using FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES Remastered Edition Lite, so a full party of up to four caravanners can play through up to 13 dungeons in the fantasy adventure together with one copy of the full game. Save data can be carried over from FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES Remastered Edition Lite to the full game, ensuring players can seamlessly continue their progress in the magical fantasy adventure.

In further news, new gameplay enhancements have been revealed today to make the adventure in FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES Remastered Edition more memorable than ever. As well as a ‘Mimic’ feature which allows players to take the form of various characters they meet on their journey, other gameplay enhancements include:
  • Quick Chat – new tactical commands to give easy text-based instructions to teammates during online multiplayer play.
  • Magic Timer – a new Timer mechanic, helping players to synchronise and combine their magical attacks to unleash their full power.
  • UI Improvements – increases to material capacity limits allow for more trouble-free adventures and a mini-map has been added to the game’s UI ensuring players always have a tactical understanding of their environments.
  • Additional Difficulty Modes – after finishing the main scenario, high difficulty dungeons will be available for daring adventurers to explore, including the Mine of Cathuriges which will include powerful enemies and new challenges alike. These challenging post-game dungeons are exclusive to the full release of FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES Remastered Edition.
  • Updated Soundtrack – over 50 musical tracks have been newly-composed especially for FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES Remastered Edition by the original game’s composer, Kumi Tanioka, including newly-recorded versions of the beloved theme songs Sound of the Wind and Starry Moonlit Night.
FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES Remastered Edition will be available on the Nintendo Switch system, PlayStation 4 system, the App Store and Google Play Store on 27th August 2020.
For more information visit https://sqex.link/tig

:arrow: Source: GBAtemp Inbox

seseiSeki

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Oh boy, looks like they improved that bucket a little. If I'm not mistaken, you don't get slowed down in the remastered version, like in the original. That was one thing my friends and I really didn't like, as it makes the game feel suuper slow in multiplayer.

I also like how the Lite version is implemented. If you want to play the game, but your friends don't want to spend money yet, they can just get the Lite version and still experience a lot of the full game.

But, unfortunately, looks like the environment textures didn't get updated like the character's. Characters are looking pretty good, but the environments are still the same.

Also: The trailer mentioned a new minimap, but it wasn't shown. I hope, that the split map from the original returns, it really encourages communication, when only one player can see the area, one the enemy positions, another one treasure locations and lastly enemy weaknesses. But I don't think that'll be the case, since it wouldn't really work online without a voice chat.

Last edited by seseiSeki,
Reactions: StrayGuitarist

mrgone

old man
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I spent a lot of late hours in this game when it was on the wii. I didn’t know it was on the GameCube. I guess this would be the port of a port of a port.
there were two game on the wii of the crystal chronicles series. both are different from this one

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have seen a bunch of people say they loved the first game, but it was less popular than it could have been because of the requirement for 4 gameboys and gamecube-gameboy link cables to play it multiplayer.

i'm sure the 12 people that managed to play this in multiplayer liked it, but most people i've ever met who know this game just got stuck in singleplayer eventually and were frustrated they couldn't just play this with more gamecube controllers :/ and the few that had one gba and a cable still were stuck with one player essentially just carrying the crystal.
it just wasn't such a good time, not to mention the cryptic stuff you were supposed to do to progress

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [cricket sounds]