1. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

United States
    Noooo? You mean I paraphrased for the sake of exaggerating your attitude? You're just full of straws today, huh?

2. Memoir

Memoir Hi, I'm Cynical!

United States
    Does it actually register the GBA as a controller? :O

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I'm not really a fan of using either a wrapper or OS emulation just to play a game that probably won't even play right.

Deleted User likes this.
  3. Blake5100

Blake5100 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Final Fantasy has been on PC since 7 in 1998... lol

Last edited by Blake5100, May 28, 2020
    StrayGuitarist, graeme122 and Memoir like this.
  4. Memoir

Memoir Hi, I'm Cynical!

United States
    I understand where he's coming from, but licensing shouldn't be as big of an issue as they make it out to be. Especially since the market on PC is there. Assuming they don't cheap out on the port like they did with Chrono Trigger or even the newer releases of older FF titles.

5. Chary

Chary Please read the OP
    Senior Editor

United States
    Ugh. I was hoping to play it on PC...

I'd rather not, but I guess that means I'll be getting it on Switch. I'm excited either way, I just would have preferred PC.

Silent_Gunner, Blake5100 and Memoir like this.
  6. cearp

cearp 瓜老外
    Developer

Tuvalu
    hey, don't forget Wonderswan :) That had FF 1, 2, and 4 I think.

7. Memoir

Memoir Hi, I'm Cynical!

United States
    Just watched some a couple videos. The wonderswan ports really looked great.

cearp likes this.
  8. xdarkx

xdarkx GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Licensing is one thing, but you also need to take into consideration on whether or not it's worth it for SE to put the game on PC/Xbox. If we look at the sales numbers for PC compare to other platforms for mainline FF games, according to vgsales, PC platform don't sell at well as other platforms.

Since you mentioned that, you should also mentioned the release dates to some of the other mainline FF games for PC. If we are only counting mainline FF games and excluding the MMO ones such as FF XI and FF XIV, FF 8 was released on 2000, and we haven't seen any mainline FF games released for PC until 2014 (when FF III was put on Steam). Here's a list of all the FF games with release dates and platforms.

Xbox is not too much different to PC when it comes to mainline FF games release.

It's still possible for SE to release this game to PC and Xbox at a much later date, but don't expect them to do so anytime soon.

StrayGuitarist likes this.
  9. Memoir

Memoir Hi, I'm Cynical!

United States
    Right. Low sales numbers would be a key factor. It is what it is, I guess. If they do bring this title to PC, I hope it's not far in the future.

10. PiracyForTheMasses

PiracyForTheMasses GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Let's be realistic, this is not a triple a game. Does not make sense to release it on Xbox when Xbox has the lowest player base out of all consoles. Windows will get a release later on.

11. 64bitmodels

64bitmodels GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    companies just seem to hate microsoft and money

12. HaloEffect17

HaloEffect17 Hiya!

Canada
    I feel like this was a game that was not hotly anticipated to be remastered. I certainly have no interest in it. I had the Wii one and you couldn't even play the damn game in full screen if anyone remembers that.

Glyptofane likes this.
  13. zfreeman

zfreeman GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Does this include local/offline multiplayer, or is this server-dependent?

14. Memoir

Memoir Hi, I'm Cynical!

United States
    I blame that on the fact that they used the DS version as the base. Crystal Chronicles on the gamecube was quite the experience.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

To be honest, I'd be alright if they skipped Xbox entirely. :rofl2:

Last edited by Memoir, May 29, 2020
  15. windmill

windmill Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Still not LIVE-A-LIVE.

Silent_Gunner likes this.
  16. jahrs

jahrs GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Thanks. I hate it. This was the first final fantasy game I ever played and was basically the last I ever played until I tried 15 and now that's gonna be the last till they release all of 7 remake and then that will be my final fantasy

HaloEffect17 likes this.
  17. raxadian

raxadian GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Argentina
    I honesty hope this is an actual remaster and not a stealth sequel.

StrayGuitarist likes this.
  18. vree

vree GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Can't wait to play this online with my friends and family from back then! :D

Also this is a remaster with added features and dungeons!

For a full know list of know changes/udpates:

https://www.reddit.com/r/crystalchronicles/comments/fopyeu/all_known_info_about_crystal_chronicles/

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition
    Release date: 8/27/2020 (worldwide) Release Trailer

Platforms: PS4, Nintendo Switch, iOS, Android

Price:

• Switch & PS4: 4800円 + tax (~40€ ~44,5$ + tax)

• iOS & Android: 2800円 including tax (~23,5€ ~26$)
    Japanese Box art: PS4 - Switch

Official Website:

On PS4 and Switch it should be available both physically (for now only confirmed for Japan) and digitally.

The iOS and Android versions can be downloaded and played for free TO A CERTAIN EXTENT. Expect the free version to be a glorified demo where you can probably play the first few dungeons with friends. Just enough to convince you to buy the full game. :P

In Japan, and hopefully here too, the PlayStation Store pre-orders will include a special PlayStation 4 theme featuring artwork from the original game and the physical edition box artwork as a bonus.

New features confirmed for the Remastered Edition:

• Online multiplayer for up to four players.

• Local co-op + AI party members is confirmed!! Source => PlayStation's website
    Take your heroes onlineJoin up to three friends for online adventures, or bring everyone together around one TV for couch co-op play in your quest to save civilisation.Quest with up to four party membersChoose who fights by your side, with over 30 characters to meet and create your party with – each possessing different abilities, personalities and combat styles. Will you pick the devoted Jean, who commands the wind? Or the patient librarian witch, Lisa?

• Play across different platforms with the cross-play function. Online multiplayer is possible across different platforms. For example, Switch and PS4, PS4 and smartphone, Switch and smartphone, etc., you can adventure together across hardware.

• In addition, it is also possible to tweak the multiplayer experience with optional settings.

• Transfer save data across platforms with the cross-progressive function. Details will be announced later. Purchase of software is required for each platform.

• Added challenging new post-game dungeons and bosses. 2 of the "new" dungeons are 「紅葉のリバーベル街道」 (Autumn River Belle Path) and 「毒キノコの森」(Toadstool Forest).

• Added 8 new character skins. (2 per race, 1 per gender). Concept art of the new character skins + Old character skins. Adding up to a total of 40 skins (10 per race, 5 per gender).

• Added new items to equip.

• New "imitate" system, allowing players to take on the appearance of some of their favorite NPC characters after collecting certain items to unlock them!

• Newly recorded narration, voices (character voice acting), Japanese theme songs “Kaze no Ne” and “Hoshizukiyo” by Yae and the English theme song "Morning Sky" retake by Donna Burke.

• The BGM is being remixed and remastered by the original composer, Kumi Tanioka.

Extra infomation from the JP site:

• Services that can be used by connecting to the Internet may be terminated after the game has been released. This implies that single player will still be possible.

• To use online multiplayer, connect to the Internet, create a Nintendo account for Nintendo Switch (free) and subscribe to Nintendo Switch Online (paid), use PlayStation ™ Network for PlayStation 4 (free) and PlayStation Plus subscription (paid) is required.

• Online multiplayer matching is performed between players using the same region software.

• When connecting to online multiplayer from within Japan, it matches with players in Japan.

• There are differences in the screen structure, design, and resolution of home game consoles (Nintendo Switch / PlayStation®4) and smartphones (iOS / Android).

Stuff that is NOT confirmed, but that fans would like to see:

Last edited by vree, May 29, 2020
    zfreeman likes this.
  19. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

United States
    Nobody said it wasn't. Nobody had a PC that could run it, either.

20. seseiSeki

seseiSeki Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    Wait, if the Moogle Houses give you skins in the Remaster... Does that mean they removed the Wagon Racing Minigame? :o

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Chronicles, Remastered, Fantasy