Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition trailer

CIARAN_logo_png_jpgcopy.jpg

Square Enix Ltd. today announced that FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES Remastered Edition, will be available on 27th August 2020 for the Nintendo Switch, the PlayStation 4 and iOS and Android mobile devices, allowing adventurers to team up with cross-platform play.

Alongside updates to the visuals and audio, FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES Remastered Edition features a number of enhancements to make the experience more enchanting than ever. Character voiceovers, online multiplayer with cross-play functionality, new items, and challenging new dungeons and bosses await as players explore a stunning fantasy world and make new memories, calling upon magic and might as they bond with fantastic characters and team up with friends to take down fearsome foes through fun action-RPG gameplay.

Additionally, FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES Remastered Edition introduces a brand-new ‘Mimic’ feature which will allow players to take the form of various characters they meet on their journey. By collecting stamps and visiting Moogle Houses, or completing difficult dungeons, players will acquire unique crystals which will allow them to change their appearance to that of their favourite FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES characters and continue their adventure in style.

:arrow: Source: GBAtemp Inbox
:arrow: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Official Site

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
No, that's not what I'm saying. You can quote me though? Nowhere did I say I deserve it. Nowhere did I whine and say "it's not fair", either. Already said I'd get it on my Switch. Doesn't change my point, though.
Noooo? You mean I paraphrased for the sake of exaggerating your attitude? You're just full of straws today, huh?

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I'm ready!

3xmcws1.jpg
Does it actually register the GBA as a controller? :O

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

do whatever you wanna do pal

I'm not really a fan of using either a wrapper or OS emulation just to play a game that probably won't even play right.

Reactions: Deleted User

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Final Fantasy has been on PC since 7 in 1998... lol
I understand where he's coming from, but licensing shouldn't be as big of an issue as they make it out to be. Especially since the market on PC is there. Assuming they don't cheap out on the port like they did with Chrono Trigger or even the newer releases of older FF titles.

xdarkx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I understand where he's coming from, but licensing shouldn't be as big of an issue as they make it out to be. Especially since the market on PC is there. Assuming they don't cheap out on the port like they did with Chrono Trigger or even the newer releases of older FF titles.

Licensing is one thing, but you also need to take into consideration on whether or not it's worth it for SE to put the game on PC/Xbox. If we look at the sales numbers for PC compare to other platforms for mainline FF games, according to vgsales, PC platform don't sell at well as other platforms.

Final Fantasy has been on PC since 7 in 1998... lol

Since you mentioned that, you should also mentioned the release dates to some of the other mainline FF games for PC. If we are only counting mainline FF games and excluding the MMO ones such as FF XI and FF XIV, FF 8 was released on 2000, and we haven't seen any mainline FF games released for PC until 2014 (when FF III was put on Steam). Here's a list of all the FF games with release dates and platforms.

Xbox is not too much different to PC when it comes to mainline FF games release.

It's still possible for SE to release this game to PC and Xbox at a much later date, but don't expect them to do so anytime soon.

Reactions: StrayGuitarist

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Licensing is one thing, but you also need to take into consideration on whether or not it's worth it for SE to put the game on PC/Xbox. If we look at the sales numbers for PC compare to other platforms for mainline FF games, according to vgsales, PC platform don't sell at well as other platforms.
Right. Low sales numbers would be a key factor. It is what it is, I guess. If they do bring this title to PC, I hope it's not far in the future.

PiracyForTheMasses

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let's be realistic, this is not a triple a game. Does not make sense to release it on Xbox when Xbox has the lowest player base out of all consoles. Windows will get a release later on.

HaloEffect17

Hiya!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I feel like this was a game that was not hotly anticipated to be remastered. I certainly have no interest in it. I had the Wii one and you couldn't even play the damn game in full screen if anyone remembers that.

Reactions: Glyptofane

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I feel like this was a game that was not hotly anticipated to be remastered. I certainly have no interest in it. I had the Wii one and you couldn't even play the damn game in full screen if anyone remembers that.
I blame that on the fact that they used the DS version as the base. Crystal Chronicles on the gamecube was quite the experience.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Let's be realistic, this is not a triple a game. Does not make sense to release it on Xbox when Xbox has the lowest player base out of all consoles. Windows will get a release later on.
To be honest, I'd be alright if they skipped Xbox entirely. :rofl2:

Last edited by Kioku,

jahrs

Technician of The Dead
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. I hate it. This was the first final fantasy game I ever played and was basically the last I ever played until I tried 15 and now that's gonna be the last till they release all of 7 remake and then that will be my final fantasy

Reactions: HaloEffect17

vree

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can't wait to play this online with my friends and family from back then! :D

Also this is a remaster with added features and dungeons!

For a full know list of know changes/udpates:

https://www.reddit.com/r/crystalchronicles/comments/fopyeu/all_known_info_about_crystal_chronicles/

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition
Release date: 8/27/2020 (worldwide) Release Trailer

Platforms: PS4, Nintendo Switch, iOS, Android

Price:

• Switch & PS4: 4800円 + tax (~40€ ~44,5$ + tax)

• iOS & Android: 2800円 including tax (~23,5€ ~26$)
Japanese Box art: PS4 - Switch

Official Website:

On PS4 and Switch it should be available both physically (for now only confirmed for Japan) and digitally.

The iOS and Android versions can be downloaded and played for free TO A CERTAIN EXTENT. Expect the free version to be a glorified demo where you can probably play the first few dungeons with friends. Just enough to convince you to buy the full game. :P

In Japan, and hopefully here too, the PlayStation Store pre-orders will include a special PlayStation 4 theme featuring artwork from the original game and the physical edition box artwork as a bonus.

New features confirmed for the Remastered Edition:

• Online multiplayer for up to four players.

• Local co-op + AI party members is confirmed!! Source => PlayStation's website
Take your heroes onlineJoin up to three friends for online adventures, or bring everyone together around one TV for couch co-op play in your quest to save civilisation.Quest with up to four party membersChoose who fights by your side, with over 30 characters to meet and create your party with – each possessing different abilities, personalities and combat styles. Will you pick the devoted Jean, who commands the wind? Or the patient librarian witch, Lisa?

• Play across different platforms with the cross-play function. Online multiplayer is possible across different platforms. For example, Switch and PS4, PS4 and smartphone, Switch and smartphone, etc., you can adventure together across hardware.

• In addition, it is also possible to tweak the multiplayer experience with optional settings.

• Transfer save data across platforms with the cross-progressive function. Details will be announced later. Purchase of software is required for each platform.

• Added challenging new post-game dungeons and bosses. 2 of the "new" dungeons are 「紅葉のリバーベル街道」 (Autumn River Belle Path) and 「毒キノコの森」(Toadstool Forest).

• Added 8 new character skins. (2 per race, 1 per gender). Concept art of the new character skins + Old character skins. Adding up to a total of 40 skins (10 per race, 5 per gender).

• Added new items to equip.

• New "imitate" system, allowing players to take on the appearance of some of their favorite NPC characters after collecting certain items to unlock them!

• Newly recorded narration, voices (character voice acting), Japanese theme songs “Kaze no Ne” and “Hoshizukiyo” by Yae and the English theme song "Morning Sky" retake by Donna Burke.

• The BGM is being remixed and remastered by the original composer, Kumi Tanioka.

Extra infomation from the JP site:

• Services that can be used by connecting to the Internet may be terminated after the game has been released. This implies that single player will still be possible.

• To use online multiplayer, connect to the Internet, create a Nintendo account for Nintendo Switch (free) and subscribe to Nintendo Switch Online (paid), use PlayStation ™ Network for PlayStation 4 (free) and PlayStation Plus subscription (paid) is required.

• Online multiplayer matching is performed between players using the same region software.

• When connecting to online multiplayer from within Japan, it matches with players in Japan.

• There are differences in the screen structure, design, and resolution of home game consoles (Nintendo Switch / PlayStation®4) and smartphones (iOS / Android).

Stuff that is NOT confirmed, but that fans would like to see:

Last edited by vree,
Reactions: zfreeman

seseiSeki

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Wait, if the Moogle Houses give you skins in the Remaster... Does that mean they removed the Wagon Racing Minigame? :o

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: (cocks 12 gauge with virginity-maintaining intent)