1. 6,698

Front-page
    CIARAN_logo_png_jpgcopy.jpg
    Square Enix Ltd. today announced that FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES Remastered Edition, will be available on 27th August 2020 for the Nintendo Switch, the PlayStation 4 and iOS and Android mobile devices, allowing adventurers to team up with cross-platform play.

Alongside updates to the visuals and audio, FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES Remastered Edition features a number of enhancements to make the experience more enchanting than ever. Character voiceovers, online multiplayer with cross-play functionality, new items, and challenging new dungeons and bosses await as players explore a stunning fantasy world and make new memories, calling upon magic and might as they bond with fantastic characters and team up with friends to take down fearsome foes through fun action-RPG gameplay.

Additionally, FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES Remastered Edition introduces a brand-new ‘Mimic’ feature which will allow players to take the form of various characters they meet on their journey. By collecting stamps and visiting Moogle Houses, or completing difficult dungeons, players will acquire unique crystals which will allow them to change their appearance to that of their favourite FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES characters and continue their adventure in style.

:arrow: Source: GBAtemp Inbox
    :arrow: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Official Site

Vorde, Anonymous456 and Mr. Looigi like this.
  2. Discussion (72 replies)

3. Memoir

Memoir Hi, I'm Cynical!

United States
    This is mildly disappointing. Coming to phones, but not PC? I don't even play my Switch anymore. Come on...

Actually, why is it coming to every current platform but Xbox and PC? That makes no logical sense. The phones are getting it... What?

Last edited by Memoir, May 28, 2020
  4. Viri

Viri GBAtemp Addict

United States
    I'm ready!

[​IMG]

5. Latiodile

Latiodile Profesionnal Scalie

Canada
    because they don't want money

6. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

oh yeah this reminds me of the wiiware games

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

just use bluestacks

Dartz150 likes this.
  7. Memoir

Memoir Hi, I'm Cynical!

United States
    How's about no. I'll get it on the Switch. Not saying Bluestacks is bad, just not something I use.

Deleted User likes this.
  8. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

do whatever you wanna do pal

StrayGuitarist likes this.
  9. Mythical

Mythical GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Yeah it's kinda bs there's no pc release. And people did point out bluestacks, but honestly it shouldn't be neccesary. It's just a weird thing to do imo

10. gamecaptor

gamecaptor R.I.P. Densetsu. Legends never die!

United States
    I wonder if this is just a timing thing. It seems Square Enix is brining all their stuff to PC/XBox just with some delays. Hopefully that will be the case for this as well.

11. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

United States
    My anus is ready.
    The mobile version is most likely for the Chinese market seeing as the Tencent Switch is a bastardized console, and Sony just pulled the PSN out of China.

StrayGuitarist and CrossOut like this.
  12. Kraken_X

Kraken_X Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Depends on if there is controller support, or at least keyboard support that could be mapped to a controller. Square-Enix does not have a good track record on Android for this. See also Final Fantasy Dimensions, the best 2D Final Fantasy in decades, but nearly impossible to play control-wise.

Deleted User likes this.
  13. CrossOut

CrossOut GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Most of those really popular,gacha games I think they are called? now do not work on an emulator and announced it a few years back. The game called Dokkan Battle is one that I remember reading about, it saying that it will no longer support emulation. So I doubt that it will. As another person said on here, it is most likey for the Chinese market. I would say it will be on the P.C. at somepoint, as a lot of Finial Fantasy tiles and especially the remasters are all on the P.C. after a few years on consoles.

14. Nutez

Nutez Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Why did they have to "remaster" the music too? :( It was much better in the original...

15. cearp

cearp 瓜老外
    Developer

Tuvalu
    I'm not surprised the gba connectivity has already been brought up in this thread @Viri - I bet people are going to complain about Nintendo not supporting that!
    don't worry, I guess there will be some mod to add the old stuff back in :)

StrayGuitarist and Nutez like this.
  16. Memoir

Memoir Hi, I'm Cynical!

United States
    Okay... I don't really care for the reason, honestly. Just that they've taken the time to bring it to 2 mobile OSes while ignoring a big chunk of the market. Unless they've got numbers to show that the MS platforms aren't worth developing for, I don't see any valid reason to exclude them.

17. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Cubi™ :P

Antarctica
    Shut up and just take all of my money

18. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

United States
    I mean, Final Fantasy has always been either on Nintendo or Sony consoles. It wasn't until very recently that they started coming to other platforms. It's licensing, and I don't know why people can't understand that. This spoiled brat mentality that gamers have is just gross. What happened to people complaining about the lack of exclusivity that made a console worth buying? You want Switch or PS4 games? Buy a Switch or a PS4 and stop demanding that companies cater to you.

Last edited by Joom, May 28, 2020
  19. Memoir

Memoir Hi, I'm Cynical!

United States
    Nice projecting, bud. You missed your mark entirely. You also missed my point. It's not entitlement. It's a genuine concern. If you want to be condescending, do it on your own time. We're too far in to still be excluding platforms. Unless it's truly platform exclusive.

graeme122 and Chary like this.
  20. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

United States
    Projecting? Maybe don't use terms you don't know the meaning of. It certainly is entitlement because you're going "I deserve this and it's not fair". It's not that they think Xbox and PC aren't profitable, either. That's a great strawman.

21. Memoir

Memoir Hi, I'm Cynical!

United States
    No, that's not what I'm saying. You can quote me though? Nowhere did I say I deserve it. Nowhere did I whine and say "it's not fair", either. Already said I might get it on my Switch. Doesn't change my point, though. It's funny you talk about me misusing terminology, but you're throwing entitlement around like it's going out of style. Don't hurt yourself.

Last edited by Memoir, May 28, 2020

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Chronicles, Remastered, Fantasy