Gaming Final Fantasy 8 on GEN-D

mcboom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have downloaded 2 disc 1 eboots for this game and each time i play it freezes at certain points like when i draw and cast some magic and etc. so should i go back to 5.00m33 just to play this game without freezing or is there a way to play it perfextly on GEN-D? And I experience 2 types of freezing one being that the psp turns off after a few seconds and the second that the game freezes and i can go home and reset the game

P.S. I am using popsloader and it freezes at the same points for both eboots and on multiple pops firmwares and I do know about the compatibility list so please don't link me there

Dark_linis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I played through 8 on Gen.

I can't give you the link for the version I used but just search for "working ff8 eboot"

If it's Ok, I can give you the link through PM

Ryufushichou

I'm Not British, I'm Just Gay!
Trophies
XP
Country
Well for a start using the Scan skill has always made FF8 Freeze there is nothing wrong with that eboot. but draw/cast I think there is a fix for, just try different POPS it looks like you need to use 3.71/3.72/3.80 to get it to run.

Hope this helps.

- VV

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
I don't think it makes a difference if you use M33 or GEN. It all depends on the pops. There are some games that require you to switch pops throughout in order to finish them. Play a bit and if you like the game just buy it, that's what I tend to do

mcboom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Dark_linis said:
I played through 8 on Gen.

I can't give you the link for the version I used but just search for "working ff8 eboot"

If it's Ok, I can give you the link through PM
Are you talking about the one that was converted properly by KloWn because that is the one i'm using

Vincent Valentine said:
Well for a start using the Scan skill has always made FF8 Freeze there is nothing wrong with that eboot. but draw/cast I think there is a fix for, just try different POPS it looks like you need to use 3.71/3.72/3.80 to get it to run.

Hope this helps.

- VV
So is the fix included in one of the POPS? or is it something that you patch with the game? and if it is something that you patch please provide me with a link thanks

QUOTE(synce @ Dec 2 2009, 07:40 AM)
I don't think it makes a difference if you use M33 or GEN. It all depends on the pops. There are some games that require you to switch pops throughout in order to finish them. Play a bit and if you like the game just buy it, that's what I tend to do
I have the original game on the ps1 and i don't want to spend my money and i think FF8 is only out in japan PSN

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
synce said:

Even if you buy it, it won't work unless you are using 6.XX firmware. Once GEN or someone else comes out with a popsloader that supports 6.XX pops, it will work properly.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you know about the compatibility list then there shouldn't be any problem. Once you change the ID and use the appropriate POPS version the game works fine. I've played to disk 3 and never had it freeze, other than the well known intro on disk 1 where you need to use a different version then save.

Ryufushichou

I'm Not British, I'm Just Gay!
Trophies
XP
Country
Vincent Valentine said:

Hope this helps.

- VV
QUOTESo is the fix included in one of the POPS? or is it something that you patch with the game? and if it is something that you patch please provide me with a link thanks

There is no fix yet, its always frozen on scan, i havent found a version that doesnt and ive been looking everywhere.

mcboom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Vincent Valentine said:
Vincent Valentine said:

Hope this helps.

- VV
QUOTESo is the fix included in one of the POPS? or is it something that you patch with the game? and if it is something that you patch please provide me with a link thanks

There is no fix yet, its always frozen on scan, i havent found a version that doesnt and ive been looking everywhere.
I finished the game a few weeks ago and I used a multidisc eboot which is 2 gig and it didn't freeze except for some FMV's.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Dark_linis said:
Just throwing it out there that the PSN version is out now. Should have perfect compatibility.

Only on 6.XX pops, which is currently only available on OFW. Once popsloader is updated to support pops from firmware 6.00 to 6.20, FF8 will work perfectly when converted just like the PSN one.

Dark_linis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nl255 said:
Dark_linis said:
Just throwing it out there that the PSN version is out now. Should have perfect compatibility.

Only on 6.XX pops, which is currently only available on OFW. Once popsloader is updated to support pops from firmware 6.00 to 6.20, FF8 will work perfectly when converted just like the PSN one.
Oh crap really?

I was going to play it later too. Oh well.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Final Fantasy 8 does work on GEN D, i played about 3 hours into it.
Just keep changing pops every time it crashes (it only crashed on me about two times at the start)

I've seen this on the compatibility list
QUOTE said:
5.50 GEN-B Followed instruction found under "Another Note" in FF VIII page. Compiled multi disc eboot using RS-GUI and used GameID SLPS-02180 to remove the problems of cast/draw locking. YOU MUST USE 3.80/3.72/3.71 POPS to get though the FMVs in the game. You can use 3.71/3.72/3.80 through entire game but there is major slowdown in some battles and when junctioning GFs and Magic along with sound problems in battles. Use 3.90 POPS to run game at full speed and just switch to 3.80/3.72/3.71 when you need to get though an FMV. - Mikey -

I didn't do this, but try it see if it works.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Apply snorgle to pinfor.