Final Fantasy 4 the After Years confirmed for WiiWare

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Today, and ESRB update has confirmed that the Japanese cell phone game Final Fantasy 4 the After Years would be heading to WiiWare. It's a direct sequel to Final Fantasy 4 and was previously released on Japanese phones in an episodic format.

http://gonintendo.com/?p=74071

- Final Fantasy IV: The After Years

Rating summary: This is a 2D role-playing game in which players embark on an adventure involving magical crystals and a mysterious kingdom. Players traverse across a field map or through dungeons and can enter into turn-based battles along the way. Players use a menu screen to select attacks or magic spells against tiny enemies (e.g., leopards, birds, knights, fish monsters, etc.) that blink and disappear when defeated. An item called “Bacchus Wine” is occasionally used to defeat enemies in battle.

Also included in the ESRB rating was the confirmation of Crystal Defenders R1 and R2 also coming to WiiWare and the Master System game Alex Kidd the Lost Stars coming to VC.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Makes me wish I had a Wii. Of course just ONE of the reasons I'd like a Wii. Wonder if they'll bring it to DSiWare as well eventually. Wouldn't be hard. It's just basically a Final Fantasy 4 Advance retooling. It uses the same tilesets and everything.

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm glad this is coming to the consoles, but I really wish it was for the DS, or at least DSiWare, considering how it was originally portable.

Anyway, I'm not trying to say that the 360 doesn't deserve this game, but it already has some games that I really want to play but will never get to
frown.gif
, and I don't want this game to be another one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended