Final Fantasy 4 the After Years confirmed for WiiWare

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by granville, Feb 27, 2009.

1. granville
    OP

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    Today, and ESRB update has confirmed that the Japanese cell phone game Final Fantasy 4 the After Years would be heading to WiiWare. It's a direct sequel to Final Fantasy 4 and was previously released on Japanese phones in an episodic format.

http://gonintendo.com/?p=74071

- Final Fantasy IV: The After Years

Rating summary: This is a 2D role-playing game in which players embark on an adventure involving magical crystals and a mysterious kingdom. Players traverse across a field map or through dungeons and can enter into turn-based battles along the way. Players use a menu screen to select attacks or magic spells against tiny enemies (e.g., leopards, birds, knights, fish monsters, etc.) that blink and disappear when defeated. An item called “Bacchus Wine” is occasionally used to defeat enemies in battle.

Also included in the ESRB rating was the confirmation of Crystal Defenders R1 and R2 also coming to WiiWare and the Master System game Alex Kidd the Lost Stars coming to VC.

2. JPdensetsu

Member JPdensetsu GBAtemp Addict

Taiwan
    Nice to hear it's coming to this countries. I really want to play The After Years of Final Fantasy IV.

3. granville
    OP

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    Makes me wish I had a Wii. Of course just ONE of the reasons I'd like a Wii. Wonder if they'll bring it to DSiWare as well eventually. Wouldn't be hard. It's just basically a Final Fantasy 4 Advance retooling. It uses the same tilesets and everything.

4. War

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    No news on a 360 port? Cause I kept hearing it would be coming to the 360... I wish.

5. ChaosBoi

Member ChaosBoi Ushiromiya Battler

United States
    I'm glad this is coming to the consoles, but I really wish it was for the DS, or at least DSiWare, considering how it was originally portable.

Anyway, I'm not trying to say that the 360 doesn't deserve this game, but it already has some games that I really want to play but will never get to [​IMG] , and I don't want this game to be another one.

6. CockroachMan

Member CockroachMan Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.

Brazil
    Don't know if this is good.. now Square-Enix is dumping their cell phone games to WiiWare..

Well, at least it's cheap :/

7. Jax

Member Jax Pip Pip Cheerioink!

Portugal
    I wish it would come to the Live Arcade...