Final Fantasy 3 Save Cheat Problem

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Evilkoko, May 13, 2007.

May 13, 2007
  1. Evilkoko
    OP

Member Evilkoko GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hi, I am currently using a r4ds with FF3 rom(u). I've been trying to use the save anywhere(L+X = save anywhere) cheat that came with the default cheat.dat and it works on and off. Sometimes it'll work sometimes it'll lock me in my menu screen making me lose hours of progress. Then I tried crackers trainer for save anywhere(L+A) but it has the same problems. Is there anyway to fix this? A way to get out of the frozen menu or to prevent it from happening? Thanks for your help.

2. gordillo

Member gordillo GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    you have to be selecting save and press L+A at the same time

3. Evilkoko
    OP

United States
    Yea i've tried multiple times with highlighting the greyed out save and presing L+A/X at the same time. It like a 50/50 chance that it will save or freeze. Any way to make it a 100% chance to save? Does this problem occur with anyone else?

4. Rev2k7

Member Rev2k7 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    i think that hack is dangerous cuz i used the save state hack and my game crashed at ending of the game [​IMG] but i know trainers screw up the begining idk if its just g6.

5. Evilkoko
    OP

United States
    Are you saying you used the save stat hack? (save editor) I'm talking about the save anywhere cheat where it allows you to press a button combination and supposedly *allows* you to save anywhere. My problem is that half the time it locks me in the menu causing me to do a soft-reset.

6. Nekoshoujo

Newcomer Nekoshoujo Member

Canada
    When you do that, all you have to do is press the (B) Back button with your stylus twice and try again...