Final Fantasy 3 or 6?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by dbgtdob, Mar 18, 2009.

?

Final Tantasy 3

1. Final Fantasy III

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Final Fantasy XI

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Mar 18, 2009

Final Fantasy 3 or 6? by dbgtdob at 5:23 AM (781 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. dbgtdob
    OP

Member dbgtdob GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiM6SNYfm2s...feature=related

K I was browing youtube and was checking out some vocaloid clips (vocaloid is a program that sings songs for you), and this guy flaming that only North America names for games are "Proper Names" I posted hey its released for ps1 and gba as 6, and this guy saying only jap..... call it 6, so what do you guys think? I for one think its 6 since 2/3 times it was released in usa as 6 not to mention they remade and released 1-5 on the ds in 3d, i think the guys just racist to jap stuff, that why he is saying only the american names are proper, but hey its his opionion.

2. Chikenkiller

Newcomer Chikenkiller Advanced Member

Canada
    that was an interesting flame war u were having o.O

3. Devante

Member Devante Crescent fresh at best.

United States
    I always find it's best to just go with the official or technically correct way to say/do it, even if you don't like it.

For instance, in this case, while it used to be either or, now it has come to a point where all the previously unreleased in America releases are now here, so the logic behind calling it Final Fantasy 3 is no longer true. Not to mention confusing.

However; calling it Final Fantasy 6 can't be confusing, as there is only one Final Fantasy 6 (as opposed to two Final Fantasy 3's).

Personally, I think fondly of it as Final Fantasy 3 for many reasons (one being that it was one of the first games to invoke deep emotions for me while playing a game) , so it pains me to call it Final Fantasy 6.

Not to mention I hate people that call it Final Fantasy 6 just because that's what the Japanese do and wE aLL knOw thAt evERryTHinG JaPAnESE dO IS cOOl, thEREBY MAKING YOU COOL IF YOU DO IT TOO!!!!! /minirant

In conclusion, let's call it Final Fantasy 6 since that's what the developers of the game intended.

That is all.

4. Joey Ravn

Member Joey Ravn F*** you, Nintendo!

Spain
    What has Final Fantasy XI have to do with anything here? Anyway, you're arguing with a neo-Nazi in YouTube... Ignore that POS and call the game whatever you want, III, VI, whatever. I'd follow the Japanese numbering because it's much clearer than the American one. Besides, the original FF III has been released in the USA/Europe already, so there's no point in having two "Final Fantasy IIIs" co-existing.

5. ojsinnerz.

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    Simply, he's a youtube retard.