ROM Hack "Final" attempt to give my old N3DS a new lease at life

Zelkia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
'Scuse me for the clickbait title. I wanted this to sound more dramatic, since it's been almost two years since i softlocked this thing, and i wanted to try to fix it again, this time going all-out with every method i can think of. So, let me explain the situation;

A while back, i attempted to hack my New 3DS; however, i quickly encountered a problem. My SD card was not big enough to back up the home menu, and i made a massive mistake by exiting to the home menu, locking me in 3DS OS version 2.1.0-4E to this day, with seemingly no way out.

So that's where this is at now. I need to know every possible way i can escape back to the Homebrew menu in order to complete the installation. I need a spare temporary home menu backup in order to get back to the latest version. I need to know every possible way i can escape 2.1.0 in order to get back to the latest firmware, with hacks or otherwise.

Zelkia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I may have found my solution thanks to the 3DS hacking reddit. I'll need to use a flashcard in order to load into ntrbootloader and then i can install the firmware.

Zelkia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No, i'll keep it anyway. And seriously, that's the first thing you ask rather than seeing if you can offer an alternative method that may work without the card? Honestly, even if i was going to, i wouldn't sell it to you anyway.

Sissel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
No, i'll keep it anyway. And seriously, that's the first thing you ask rather than seeing if you can offer an alternative method that may work without the card? Honestly, even if i was going to, i wouldn't sell it to you anyway.
My bad, well use the 3dsguide then

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"