Fils-Aime: Nintendo is the "best value" for holidays

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 2,683
  • Replies 24
D

Deleted User

OP
Nintendo's Reggie Fils-Aime has said potential Wii buyers are offered the best value this Christmas than ever before, despite the firm admitting it's not considering a Wii price cut any time soon.

Fils-Aime details Nintendo's plan for enticing the resilient potential buyer this Christmas. "30 Million consumers have bought a Wii (in US). The consumer today who hasn't; they've experienced four holidays of Wii out of stock, and new Wii software, but they still haven't bought one and so the key question is why?"

You might feel like chiming here with "Price drop, Reggie!", but Nintendo's already said it's not even considering that. Fils-Aime says consumers already have the best value offerings this year. "We're giving [consumers] the best value this holiday season than they've ever had."

He goes on: "Maybe they're looking for better content, and we've got a wide range of different software coming out this holiday season."

Fils-Aime also points to the offering of new colours; black and more recently red Wii's have launched in US this year.

Nintendo slashed the price of the DSi and DSi XL handhelds by $20 in US last month.

~ http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=272932

narutofan777

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
yea how low can the wii get. just make it 100$ already dang it...bring some japanese games over too Nintendo so people can get a chance to experience the full Wii experience.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well Wii prices are still better than the 360 and PS3 but they've been dropping significantly. Wii's and 360's are now in the same price range ($200).

And the title seems quite biased. I'd go with "Fils-Aime: Nintendo is the "best value" for holidays" or something.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Just because the Wii's cheap doesn't mean it's worth owning. I could give you some poo on a stick for a penny, that doesn't make it a good deal.

What the Wii needs is some games worth playing. It's got maybe a dozen in all, stuff like Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Mario Kart, maybe House Of The Dead or something. But it's so rare that a game worth playing shows up on the Wii that it's barely worth keeping around. If Monster Hunter Tri had been on PS3 I reckon I'd have sold my Wii by now.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Midna said:
Even with the promise of Zelda Skyward Sword and Donkey Kong Country Returns on the horizon?
Most people just like to say that Nintendo sucks and then play CoD in the corner.

I like all the consoles, but the Wii is my favorite for originality.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Blaze163 said:
Just because the Wii's cheap doesn't mean it's worth owning. I could give you some poo on a stick for a penny, that doesn't make it a good deal.

What the Wii needs is some games worth playing. It's got maybe a dozen in all, stuff like Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Mario Kart, maybe House Of The Dead or something. But it's so rare that a game worth playing shows up on the Wii that it's barely worth keeping around. If Monster Hunter Tri had been on PS3 I reckon I'd have sold my Wii by now.
There ARE games worth playing, only most people haven't even heard of them. Since there aren't nearly as many bald space marine-games on it people shrug the Wii off as childish, dust collecting, etc.
Let me give you an example, The Magic Obelisk. Wonderful little puzzle game that nobody has heard of!

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I throw this question out to all of you. How many Wii games are simply worth playing and how many are actually worth buying? And let's make this a situation where you're on a limited income so buying games isn't something you can do whenever you feel like it.

Since I started pirating on my Wii about mid-last year there's been only one Wii game I bought and that was NMH2. I think there's definitely some Wii games worth buying but not as many that'll last their price tag.

At the moment, if I had no Wii or 360 and was given a choice between the two, I'd go with the 360, simply because the games usually live out their price tag. I can get Fallout 3 with all its DLC for around $50 on the 360 and it can last me hundreds of hours. I could spend just as much on SMG2 and it'll last maybe 20 hours at most. I'll play through it once or twice, maybe three times, but after that I don't see myself picking it up again.

I'm just throwing that out there. The Wii is still a great system to own.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Guild McCommunist said:
Well, I throw this question out to all of you. How many Wii games are simply worth playing and how many are actually worth buying? And let's make this a situation where you're on a limited income so buying games isn't something you can do whenever you feel like it.

Since I started pirating on my Wii about mid-last year there's been only one Wii game I bought and that was NMH2. I think there's definitely some Wii games worth buying but not as many that'll last their price tag.

At the moment, if I had no Wii or 360 and was given a choice between the two, I'd go with the 360, simply because the games usually live out their price tag. I can get Fallout 3 with all its DLC for around $50 on the 360 and it can last me hundreds of hours. I could spend just as much on SMG2 and it'll last maybe 20 hours at most. I'll play through it once or twice, maybe three times, but after that I don't see myself picking it up again.

I'm just throwing that out there. The Wii is still a great system to own.
I think every game I enjoy is worth owning, but due to my limited budget I can't buy them all. I do plan to buy every game I've enjoyed eventually though...
It will always depend on what games you compare... And that's a pretty unfair comparison
tongue.gif
A more fair one'd be Xenoblade and Fallout 3. I assure you Xenoblade is longer than Fallout 3 with DLC.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Freaking Reggie, don't talk about Christmas if you aren't releasing the 3DS until long after. People who want the Wii (4 years old) and DS (6 years old) probably already have one. Making them different colors and sizes doesn't make them new consoles.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Goli said:
I think every game I enjoy is worth owning, but due to my limited budget I can't buy them all. I do plan to buy every game I've enjoyed eventually though...
It will always depend on what games you compare... And that's a pretty unfair comparison
tongue.gif
A more fair one'd be Xenoblade and Fallout 3. I assure you Xenoblade is longer than Fallout 3 with DLC.

Fallout 3 is replayable as hell though. You can spend 100 hours on a single account alone and still want to play the game ten more times. Just saying.

SPH73

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:

Well then you have utter s*** taste in games because titles lile Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Kirby's Epic Yarn are definitely worth the money.

Plus as someone already mentioned there are tons of sleeper hit titles that most people have never heard of.

The real truth here is that some people should not have bought the Wii. And some people are just "ass pained" because their favorite console isn't in first place. (This latter group shouldn't even call themselves gamers.)

--

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SPH73 said:
Guild McCommunist said:

Well then you have utter s*** taste in games because titles lile Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Kirby's Epic Yarn are definitely worth the money.

I probably would get SMG2 if I had the cash but since it's just easy to pirate there's less of an incentive. I played a bit of Epic Yarn and found it alright but nothing special really.

lordrand11

The Wheel of Time Turns and Ages Come And Pass.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SPH73 said:
Guild McCommunist said:

Plus as someone already mentioned there are tons of sleeper hit titles that most people have never heard of.

The real truth here is that some people should not have bought the Wii. And some people are just "ass pained" because their favorite console isn't in first place. (This latter group shouldn't even call themselves gamers.)

--

lol i can agree with that. I personally like all the consoles myself. Here's my alternative question to you gamers. Is it worth owning a console for one game? I do personally.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
lordrand11 said:
SPH73 said:
Guild McCommunist said:

--

lol i can agree with that. I personally like all the consoles myself. Here's my alternative question to you gamers. Is it worth owning a console for one game? I do personally.
It's worth it till you finish said game.
In my case, I bought a 360 for FFXIII, played it, loved it. Sold 360.

lordrand11

The Wheel of Time Turns and Ages Come And Pass.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Goli said:
lordrand11 said:
SPH73 said:
Guild McCommunist said:

--

Haha, I don't know. I bought a PS3 just for MAG and i love that game. I guess same can be said for the Xbox 360 (Perfect Dark Zero and Kameo) and My Wii (Super Smash Bros. Brawl all the way). But i have found quite a few games that i enjoy on each console so far. The Wii has an awesome amount of sleeper-hit titles, but in my opinion Guilty Party takes the cake, that game was quite hilarious.

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
lordrand11 said:
Goli said:
lordrand11 said:
SPH73 said:
Guild McCommunist said:

--

Haha, I don't know. I bought a PS3 just for MAG and i love that game. I guess same can be said for the Xbox 360 (Perfect Dark Zero and Kameo) and My Wii (Super Smash Bros. Brawl all the way). But i have found quite a few games that i enjoy on each console so far. The Wii has an awesome amount of sleeper-hit titles, but in my opinion Guilty Party takes the cake, that game was quite hilarious.
I own a PS3, 360, Wii, DS and PSP.
I bought my PS3 for MGS4. This was a month ago. Now I have Street Fighter 4, Little Big Planet and I plan to get Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3, Gundam Extreme VS and possibly ACE: R.
I bought my 360 for Sonic '06. Then I got Halo 3 and now I have so many other games I've forgotten what I got afterwards.
I bought my Wii because I was a Nintendo fan. Now it's got my biggest collection of games yet.
My DS was my first one in this generation, and I bought it because I could. Now I have a DSi with a SuperCardDS2.
And finally my PSP. I bought it because of Gundam vs. Gundam. Now I've got so many .ISO's and homebrew on it it's just not funny.

To sum up, it's OK to buy a console for one game. Just hang on to it afterwards and you might find another game for that system that you'd enjoy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm sleepy good night