Filezilla issues (could be applied to other FTP clients as well)

Alex119098

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, has anyone had this happen? Filezilla and other various ftp clients I've tried don't seem to work with my switch anymore. When I used cfw early 2021 it seemed ftp used to work flawlessly, but now when I recently reinstalled cfw onto my switch for the second time it doesn't work. Whenever I attempt to connect to my switch, there is always some sort of error and then it "fails to retrieve directory listing". Any solutions out there for my case? I'm willing to provide more info if need be.

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In Filezilla go to edit > settings and choose FTP try changing the setting from Passive to Active or if it's already on Active change it to Passive and retry. If that doesn't work go to that same location and click Run Configuration Wizard and follow the directions. If that doesn't work I'm not sure, but it's related to either your internet or filewall or antivirus.

Alex119098

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In Filezilla go to edit > settings and choose FTP try changing the setting from Passive to Active or if it's already on Active change it to Passive and retry. If that doesn't work go to that same location and click Run Configuration Wizard and follow the directions. If that doesn't work I'm not sure, but it's related to either your internet or filewall or antivirus.
I don't really have any antivirus that would interfere with this... could port forwarding my computer work by any chance?

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
At one point my FTP wasn't working, and I eventually realised the sysmodule was in "disabled" mode. There's a button shortcut to enable/disable it (something like plus&minus&X), or a flag file you can delete in the /config/sysftpd folder

Alex119098

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At one point my FTP wasn't working, and I eventually realised the sysmodule was in "disabled" mode. There's a button shortcut to enable/disable it (something like plus&minus&X), or a flag file you can delete in the /config/sysftpd folder
funnily enough, I went into that config file and actually disabled the shortcut to enable/disable sysftpd and it still shows the same thing.

However I think I narrowed down the culprit by a little bit, I tested it on a phone hotspot and had the same error so I'm assuming it is an issue with atmosphere (maybe I installed something wrong or I have conflicting files on my sd card from the last time I tried cfw?)

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had that issue before, I ended up ragequitting, and using usb and my PC. It ended up fixing it self at the end, and my FTP gives me 0 issues anymore. I have no idea why/how.

Alex119098

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had that issue before, I ended up ragequitting, and using usb and my PC. It ended up fixing it self at the end, and my FTP gives me 0 issues anymore. I have no idea why/how.
yeah I may just have to do that... I'm getting nowhere with this and might just use the usb method or something which is annoying but oh well...

VeniaSilente

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Besides setting up the FTP as active (just in case, I have set it as passive and have had no issues), make sure to set up the connection to the Switch as server type Unix or server type VMS in the connection's options. Otherwise then uploading some files they migth end up corrupted, and you def don't want that to happen to your saves or to Atmosphere files.

Alex119098

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never used the sysmodule but never had issues using filezilla with ftpd pro
That's what I was using originally and it stopped working, so I thought sysftpd would work but it's the same story lol

Besides setting up the FTP as active (just in case, I have set it as passive and have had no issues), make sure to set up the connection to the Switch as server type Unix or server type VMS in the connection's options. Otherwise then uploading some files they migth end up corrupted, and you def don't want that to happen to your saves or to Atmosphere files.
Good to know, I'll do that once I miraculously get it back working again lmao

Alex119098

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so update: it seems that it started randomly working again. I really don't know what caused it to work again, and the only thing that I have ever done to change the setup I had was unplug my router and plug it back in but I hadn't tested ftp then lmao. Idk what gives.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: