DarkJDL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, Happens with me as well

QUOTE said:
What is the current listing status for filetrip.net?

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 1 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 53 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 43 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2011-01-25, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2011-01-25.

Malicious software includes 1 exploit(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 2 new process(es) on the target machine.

Malicious software is hosted on 1 domain(s), including osufoyysdf.co.cc/.

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS16276 (OVH).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, filetrip.net did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?

In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

my guess is that it is an advertisement or something. but I don't really know anything.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not my AV but firefox site checking thing (even if you disable google analytics and co I guess they still have this).
I poked around the report and the code to find

CODE buried in there (classic hidden frame issue)

I am not up on the latest attack methods for browsers and I am not about to pull apart this one) but usually these things revolve around simple attack methods and outdated browsers (not all the time

Usual stuff I know but for others add the domain to your hosts file ( http://www.ehow.com/how_5225562_edit-windows-hosts-file.html ). Couple it with some ad blocking stuff (noscript has iframe blocking abilities) and maintain full updates and the like.

Edit- ROT13ed the URL. http://www.rot13.com/index.php will bring it back.

Edit2- missed the thread in the filetrip discussions section http://gbatemp.net/t276264-malicious-site-warning

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
i believe this has already been posted and is being discussed on another thread.

i believe you didn't see as it is in a different part of the forum. but this should be under 'Filetrip discussions' as well, in which case you would have seen it before making this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Ken just lives in Detroit so reliable power hasn't been invented there yet lol