Filetrip 2014: complete site revamp, exciting new features

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
After months of work we are proud and excited to present Filetrip 2014: a complete redesign for your favorite upload site, coming with a bunch of new features that will be detailed further below.

ft_icon.png
Don't know what is Filetrip?
Filetrip is a download center and file hosting site where you can enjoy your own 100 gigabyte personal storage space for free. Files you upload can be published into public categories so that you can share them with the community. One of the major advantages of Filetrip is that it lets you visualize files online right after they're uploaded. Upload a video? Watch it instantly in your browser. Upload a bunch of photos? Make a gallery out of them. Most files can be visualized online, even documents made with Word, Excel, and PDF files. And finally, Filetrip is your website too: we're always listening to your ideas and we'll continue improving the site in the future.

newft.png wood.png popu.png
ft_icon.png
What's new in Filetrip 2014?
Aside from the new graphic theme, you'll now be able to enjoy the following new features:
  • Faster browsing: we've improved the overall site loading times so that our visitors can navigate faster and download or stream files at optimal speed.
  • iOS and smartphones friendly: the site looks great on smartphones and you can even upload files from your mobile devices (tested with iOS!)
  • Online streaming: all video files can be viewed online instantly, including MKV/AVI/all video formats
  • File preview: ZIP/RAR/7Z archives can now be visualized as well; you get a list of the files in the archive. This even works for your past uploads! (example)
  • Code files in all languages can now be viewed online with syntax highlighting (example)
  • Notifications: get notified when something important happens, such as personal messages, updates for files you have subscribed to, and many other events
  • New search engine: a whole new search engine has been created, it now shows more pertinent results and doesn't leave anything out. To do a quick search, enter filetrip.net/ in your address bar followed by the terms you're looking for. Example: filetrip.net/wood r4
  • Improved file listings: file lists in download categories are now properly displayed in a paginated table, sortable, and you can even run on-page searches by typing something in the search box on the right. See for yourself!
  • One centralized uploader: whether you want to keep files to yourself or want to publish them in one of the categories, there is only one place to upload your files. It's the neat multi-file uploader that's on the homepage, it supports drag and drop and displays progress. After the file is uploaded, you can choose to publish your file on our download center in one of the public categories. If you're confused, check this quick guide (it will be completed with screenshots soon).
  • Ad banners have been integrated into the site in a more discrete way so as not to disturb users. Our servers are paid solely thanks to advertising revenue so be a dear and please don't use AdBlock!
  • No matter what... it's still free! You can enjoy a free 100 GB account if you register right now.
There is so much new stuff in this upgrade that you better check it out for yourself. We are always open to suggestions so feel free to send us your feedback in this thread. We will keep working to make Filetrip the best upload site on the web.

ft_icon.png
Visit Filetrip, our download center and file hosting site

KineticSonata

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Although I'm a new Temper, I've been using Filetrip for a loooong time. I liked the old format very much and had no complaints, but this new look and new options are great! Good work!

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Filetrip looks really great now, congratulations on the smooth upgrade! :D Now, if we could bring that jade color over to the Temp, that would be amazing!

:rolleyes:

corenting

Trophies
Website
www.corenting.fr
XP
Country
France
Great work, especially for the new search engine which seems a lot better.
However, I cannot find the report button for files and videos. Is it gone or did I missed it ?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Costello:
I found some bugs, I'll report here.

1)
I have difficulty to find "other version of the same program".
I think the detection is 1 item wrong, so it doesn't list other version if there are only 1 more.

emuNAND Tool 1.0.1 (screenshot of that page)
It doesn't list "1 more version" in the menu.

If you check the author's upload, you see that there are two files:
http://filetrip.net/u26984-n1ghty.html
if you select 1.0.0 it will correctly tells that there's a new version, so 1.0.1 is correctly uploaded as "new version".

Same issue here, you can see that it detects 3 more versions, but lists 4 :
AirScan screenshot

2)
If you search WiiSX, it displays only one version (supposedly the latest/newest version). But it displays version 1 beta 2, instead of latest one.
This one is not a big issue, as it's easy to find the latest after few clicks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Hi +1