Hacking Filesystem corruption w/ Rudolph's 3in1 tool

roothorick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an R4DS and EZFlash 3in1, and would use Rudolph's 3in1 expansion pack tool to switch it into rumble and RAM modes, but I have a problem. Whenever I run the tool, it creates a GBA folder and proceeds to create all sorts of completely invalid files with garbage filenames, which confuses the hell out of everything else I put the card in and crashes my DS if I try to access the folder. I have tried manually patching the .NDS file as well as letting R4's autopatcher take care of it, but neither works. What the hell is going on?

-EDIT- While I'm at it, is there a way to avoid using Rudolph's tool altogether and still be able to enable rumble / RAM features on the 3in1 from the R4DS?

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It sounds like you have some minor corruption in the card's file table that's causing the 3in1 ExpPack Tool to have that problem. You should reformat the card.

Rudolph released a version of the 3in1 ExpPack Tool that only enables rumble/RAM, and doesn't have any of the GBA support. You can get it from his download page: http://www009.upp.so-net.ne.jp/rudolph/nds/3in1_ExpPack/

roothorick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It sounds like you have some minor corruption in the card's file table that's causing the 3in1 ExpPack Tool to have that problem. You should reformat the card.

I have. Repeatedly. It always comes back.

I'll give the rumble/RAM only version a shot.

-EDIT- Let me add, I have to reformat to get rid of the GBA folder. Linux can't delete it because the filesystem is too messed up to delete much of anything without spreading the damage.

Sanjuro

Trophies
XP
Country
You might get more luck if you make the required folders BEFORE running the tool, so that it skips creating them and avoids any errors.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: @SylverReZ Syl my beloved :bow: gm