jack2003

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi,

recently I bought myself a DSi, and retired my DS "phat". In addition I bought myself an EZ-flash Vi.

Although I have quite some experience with an EZ-Flash V card, I can not figure out which files I need to put on my Ez-Flash Vi.

At the EZ-flash site I see two file sets: Kernel 1.90 openbeta10 and EZ5i firmware v5.

Which one should I put on my freshly Panasonic tool formatted 2 Gbyte card?
unsure.gif

I read some warnings about screwing up an EZ Flash Vi with incompatible files, so I appreciate your help!

Thunderboyx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EZ5i firmware v5: A stable kernel, which means that there are not many bugs and works with EZ flash Vi

Kernel 1.90 openbeta10: Its a beta kernel with new features, with many bugs and works with Ez flash Vi

If you want to get earlier beta kernels, make sure you get Kernel 1.90 openbeta9 and up

Your choice...

jack2003

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks for your reply Thunderboyx.

I was wandering though which one to take, as both zipfiles you refer to contain different files: 1.90b10 contains ez5sysbin + moonshell while ez5i firmware 5 contains just a single file ez5firmware5.nds.

I recognise the filestructure of 1.90b10, it resembles the files I use on the EZflash V in my "phat" DS. The ez5i firmware 5 file appears to be the more appropriate one but I do not recognise the file (does it contain ez5sys.bin + moonshell)?

Morganti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unzip both into your card, making sure to keep the directory structure, when your EZflash boots, run the ez5firmware.nds file then you can delete it
The 1.90b11 is also out, thats the main software for your ezflashVi, the nds file is an updater for the internals, and will up your system to revision 5.
~D~

jack2003

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Morganti thank you.

If I understand you correctly, once I extracted both zipfiles on my flash card I will have the following structure (E:\ is the root of my flashcard):

E:\ez5firmwarev5.nds
E:\ez5sys.bin
E:\moonshl\...... -> complete moonshell directory

jack2003

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
A big thank you to Marganti and iwakura .

I followed your advise. It worked as you described (it turned out that my ez-flash came with rev 1 "firmware" which I updated with the ezfirmwarerev5.nds to rev 5).

So I am now a happy camper with 1.90b11 running on ez-flash Vi rev5 firmware.
gbasp.gif

Thanx again guys!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Tattle-tale :creep: +1