jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
homebrew.gif
fileNinja
FTP Client for the DS
FileNinjaScreenshot.png

(Thanks to Kyusuke for providing the image)
fileNinja is a simple FTP client application made for the Nintendo DS.
The application is in early development, but you can still connect and download files wirelessly via FTP.

Known Issues said:
-Directories containing a large number of files (somewhere around 400+) the program freezes when changing to them
-Upload is broken and the button is disabled, currently trying to determine if it is with the ftplib or based in the dswifi library.
-Handling failed connections is not very elegant. It just hangs. Will be fixed soon. For now, make sure you can connect successfully with other homebrew / retail games!
-Some ftp sites have long welcome messages. We have not yet handled this and it will probably hang if you try to connect to one of these sites.
download.gif
Download
icon11.gif
Source
discuss.png
Discuss

SylvWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice to see more FTP-related development for DS. The only one I've had success with is DSFTP, which runs as a server. It'd be cool to have an FTP client for DS, it'd be much more versatile than the server one.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Interesting, with microSDHC looking like 32 gigs will hit at some point in the not to distant future this could be of some use.

eureca

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried this last night just to check it out. And it worked for uploading from a ftp on my computer to the ds. Was easy since I already had a ftp server program on my PC I just had to open it and share the folder I wanted and put the connect info on the DS and it worked right away. Not sure if it has the option to upload ds to pc it might but im not sure. Good for uploading smaller files probably ie non ds games without having to connect the sd to a usb reader then to pc.

Azaydius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks a lot for posting this here, uploading to the remote host is not currently working and is in the process of being fixed.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse