Hacking Filemanagement on a Flashcard-SD (Supercard DS2+) without removing

Muxi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is there a possibility (Homebrew) to access the sd card of the flash-card without removing it from the slot1 ?

N3DS 11.3 + A9LH + Luma 6.6

Last edited by Muxi,

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
No it's not possible.

It is a firmware restriction. The 3ds boots a nds mode when the flashcard is booted unloading everything 3ds related and loading a modified nds firmware. Nintendo does this to make the 3ds 100% compatible with nds games.

The flashcard itself launches a .dat file from the sd card which provides driver modules/extended functions for nds homebrew. This kernel must be loaded to get access to the flashcards sd card. It is not possible to load this while in 3ds mode.

The 3ds itself and thus 3ds homebrew have no access to the sd card inside the flashcard. Only nds homebrew has access to it.

Last edited by GothicIII,

Muxi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No it's not possible.

It is a firmware restriction. The 3ds boots a nds mode when the flashcard is booted unloading everything 3ds related and loading a modified nds firmware. Nintendo does this to make the 3ds 100% compatible with nds games.

The flashcard itself launches a .dat file from the sd card which provides driver modules/extended functions for nds homebrew. This kernel must be loaded to get access to the flashcards sd card. It is not possible to load this while in 3ds mode.

The 3ds itself and thus 3ds homebrew have no access to the sd card inside the flashcard. Only nds homebrew has access to it.
Thanks for the info

evandixon

PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
It's possible thanks to DLDI and custom DSiWare, although I don't know of any public tools to do so. I saw a POC several months ago that showed a modified version of Wood R4 with access to both the 3DS SD and the flashcart SD.

CrispyCola

zero-two
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No it's not possible.

Couldn't GodMode9 access it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Only if it has DLDI support. It might run a too low of a level for it to work, but I don't know for sure.
It's possible thanks to DLDI and custom DSiWare, although I don't know of any public tools to do so. I saw a POC several months ago that showed a modified version of Wood R4 with access to both the 3DS SD and the flashcart SD.

Do you have any links/more informations for this?
I thought dldi only works for nds homebrew. (that's what I tried to explain)

Last edited by GothicIII,

evandixon

PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
Do you have any links/more informations for this?
I thought dldi only works for nds homebrew. (that's what I tried to explain)
I can't find it now, but @Apache Thunder posted a video somewhere (in the DSiWare hacking progress thread I think) showing that. AFAIK DSiWare is basically NDS homebrew, just with access to different stuff.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr