File Transfer

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Myztikal_, Jun 23, 2008.

1. Myztikal_
    OP

Myztikal_ Member

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2008
    Is there any homebrew available that allows me to transfer files between my DS and my computer (both ways) using the wireless? If it is possible; what is the max speed and would you recommend it?

EDIT: I've tried dsFTP but i just can't get it to work (well actually i can't get FTP to work at all =[ ).

2. DanTheManMS

DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

Jun 2, 2007
    United States
    Georgia
    DSFTP would be the main candidate. Usually it maxes out at about 30 kb/s when sending to the DS, a bit faster when reading from the DS.

To get DSFTP to work, you first run the *.nds file on your DS, which will turn the DS into an FTP server. If you haven't setup the configuration files, it will generate a username and password for you to use. Use an FTP client such as i.FTP or SmartFTP (shareware) to connect to the DS. From there it should be fairly self-explanatory.

There's also Lilou Combox but that one is very difficult to configure correctly.

The last one I can think of is the use of DSLinux, using either FTP or the SAMBA network support.

3. Sticks

Sticks GBAtemp Regular

Jan 31, 2008
    DSFTP is the only way AFAIK. It's also ridiculously slow, it'll take ~2 hours to dump a 128MB game through FTP, err ~20KB/s?

4. Myztikal_
    OP

Myztikal_ Member

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2008
    I'm going to try DSFTP again. Can anyone my diagnosing my problem?

DSFTP works on my DS, it connects acquires DHCP and authenticates and connects.

I'm using FileZilla atm. I think the main problem is with my router/firewalls because i can't event connect to my uni's ftp server.

Do i need to configure my router or anything because my ftp client isn't connecting to it.

OS Platform: Windows Vista Home Premium