Hacking File Streaming

Theopt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there any software done to stream videos or even a full pc stream (like teamviewer) that works good on Wii U?

ajd4096

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there any software done to stream videos or even a full pc stream (like teamviewer) that works good on Wii U?

You can connect to a plex server using the browser for watching videos.
It works ok-ish, but I woudn't say "works good". Or "works well".

Edizius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If you have the video on your smartphone, then you can use wifi file explorer apk.
Kind of off-topic: If you have a link to a video you would like to view on wiiu, but link is quite long, then you can also create a html-page with any textrditor on your smartphone wit following content
<code>

<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0; URL=
HERE_URL">

<\code>.

This page you can then safe as favorite in Wiiu (e.g. 192.168.1.2:8000/storage/Sdcard1/wiiu-url.html), and you have to simply replace on your smartphone with text editor HERE_URL with your desired link and start wifi file explorer apk and start on wiiu the favorite.

What also would be cool would be the possibillity to mirror the screen from the mobile phone or the PC to the Wiiu (like miracast/airplay etc.). Does anyone know a solution for this?

Last edited by Edizius,

Edizius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi all,
I have created now a html-file, which loads a link from a textfile (textfile.txt) and redirects to this link.

So you can browse with your mobile phone or pc e.g. to a video, copy URL into textfile.txt and load from the wiiu the wiiu-link-forwarder.html (hosted from smartphone or pc).

Tested with android and works fine for me.

My next idea was to create an android app which on start directly saves clipboard to "textfile.txt" and hosts "wiiu-link-forwarder.html" with static adress (so that this link can be saved in wiiu-favorites), but unfortunately I have no clue how to make this. I am only able to program in c/c++/c# unfortumately. I hope thos is anyhow helpful for the one or the other and maybe someone can use it for an other project.
Greetz

Attachments

• wiiu-link-forwarder.zip
    615 bytes · Views: 153
Reactions: lordelan

brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,
I have created now a html-file, which loads a link from a textfile (textfile.txt) and redirects to this link.

So you can browse with your mobile phone or pc e.g. to a video, copy URL into textfile.txt and load from the wiiu the wiiu-link-forwarder.html (hosted from smartphone or pc).

Tested with android and works fine for me.

My next idea was to create an android app which on start directly saves clipboard to "textfile.txt" and hosts "wiiu-link-forwarder.html" with static adress (so that this link can be saved in wiiu-favorites), but unfortunately I have no clue how to make this. I am only able to program in c/c++/c# unfortumately. I hope thos is anyhow helpful for the one or the other and maybe someone can use it for an other project.
Greetz
You can program for android in C/C++/C#.

brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: lordelan and KiiWii

Ashell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't really know what teamviewer does. If we are talking about pc game streaming I would love to see moonlight ported over. Its a reverse engineer of steam link and it can use NVidia streaming if your pc has that. Its open source but there are no PPC ports.

Edizius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Moonlight really looks very interesting. And it even runs on a Raspberry!?! I wonder if this could really achieve 60fps.

For mirroring android screen there is also e.g. "screen stream mirroring" but to pc it has very high latency (at least for me) and to wii u it does not work at all. But the idea of hosting to a local intranet adress and use normal browser for mirroring is quite interesting in my opinion.

Ashell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Moonlight really looks very interesting. And it even runs on a Raspberry!?! I wonder if this could really achieve 60fps.

I was streaming CoD Blops3 to my phone. It works just fine, but there is like 100ms lag, which is rough. I couldn't tell you if my phone is able to display 60 fps, and its only 720p.

Overall it would probably be better to just get the PC to work directly with the WiiU pad, but its still kind of cool.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM