Gaming File Size Of Pokemon Black/White?

XoxconnorxoX

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
_Chaz_ said:
pokeman said:
tj_cool said:
The Pi said:
If it isn't 256MB ban me
biggrin.gif
* keeps banhammer ready *
smileipb2.png
thats too serious/..
huh.gif
Why so serious?

&:-}
that is seedy.
smileipb2.png

Zeroneo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
XoxconnorxoX said:
_Chaz_ said:
XoxconnorxoX said:
basher11 said:
file size isn't exactly 128 or 256. it's just extra data to make the file size correct (scene wise)
it might be 256MB when it comes out, but you can just trim the rom. it'll be less.
if it is 256mb i think they may have dual cartridges just like dragon quest ix
DQIX had dual carts?
(you can tell I pirated it)
yep i did to then bought it
dqix was the first evry dual carted ds game ever. Because of all the cutscenes (which were cool btw) the file size was 256mb and a standerd ds cart only holds 130mb thats why the only rom you could download was venom beacause they had to patch the rom so it was one file itself.
What. I thought that was fake.

PeregrinFig

A miserable little pile of secrets
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
XXLANCEXX said:
what would be horrible if it was the same size as Love Plus + and bricks certain flashcarts
frown.gif
Wasn't that confirmed to be completely 100% false and simply used as a rumor by Supercard to hurt Acekard sales?

XXLANCEXX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PeregrinFig said:
XXLANCEXX said:
what would be horrible if it was the same size as Love Plus + and bricks certain flashcarts
frown.gif
Wasn't that confirmed to be completely 100% false and simply used as a rumor by Supercard to hurt Acekard sales?

But Love Plus + Broke my Acekard 2i before and it stopped working since then
thats why i went cheap and got an iTouch 2 with M3 Sakura installed

Cbajd5

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Zeroneo said:
XoxconnorxoX said:
_Chaz_ said:
XoxconnorxoX said:
basher11 said:
file size isn't exactly 128 or 256. it's just extra data to make the file size correct (scene wise)
it might be 256MB when it comes out, but you can just trim the rom. it'll be less.
DQIX had dual carts?
dqix was the first evry dual carted ds game ever. Because of all the cutscenes (which were cool btw) the file size was 256mb and a standerd ds cart only holds 130mb thats why the only rom you could download was venom beacause they had to patch the rom so it was one file itself.
It was fake.

DQIX came on on one cart.

It'd make no sense if it didn't (There wouldn't be a way to transfer save data between the two carts without another DS or some long code type thing), and a DS Cart can hold 512 MB at max, DQIX was 256MB.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Zeroneo said:
XoxconnorxoX said:
_Chaz_ said:
XoxconnorxoX said:
basher11 said:

DQIX had dual carts?

I'm pretty sure there's no actual limit to DS games, they could in theory store upto 1 or 2 GB. The reason why you don't see that is becasue the more space you take up the more expensive memory is. BUt as each year passes, memory gets cheaper hence you now get 512mb games. I'm also pretty sure there's no such thing as duel carted games, and if there were than DQIX wouldn't have been the first as there have already been a ton of 256mb games.

Posts merged

QUOTE(XXLANCEXX @ Sep 13 2010, 09:03 PM) QUOTE(PeregrinFig @ Sep 13 2010, 10:01 PM)
QUOTE(XXLANCEXX @ Sep 13 2010, 03:58 PM)
frown.gif

But Love Plus + Broke my Acekard 2i before and it stopped working since then
thats why i went cheap and got an iTouch 2 with M3 Sakura installed

It was probably because of your SD card, if memory serves me correct.

WrSmega

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lets see, I'm going to test a pokemon black "leaked" rom right now, I have the link and I will post again if it works. the file is about 60 MB in the RAR.

I will run a virus scan before I use it on the no$gba, then I'll do a flashcard test

UPDATE: didn't work
frown.gif
some faker

Agjsdfd

My title
Trophies
XP
Country
Why not just wait till it gets dumped to find out the size o.O?
I mean WTF!? Do we need a discussion thread for FRIGGIN FILE SIZE of a game!?

WTF..

Rockman GFF

Trophies
Website
shootingstar-rockman.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
It's 256. There's only 1 DSi enhanced game that's 128mbit out of the 90 that are out.

You could also look at it from a different point of view. There's around an additional 156 Pokemon in it with new features here and there. If you take a look at the transition between RGBY and GSC that went up an mbit size. These just might too. It's basically the same type of deal anyway, using the same type of platform excluding DSi hybrid features.

If not that, then it'll be 512mbit at most.

XoxconnorxoX

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Zeroneo said:
XoxconnorxoX said:
_Chaz_ said:
XoxconnorxoX said:
basher11 said:
DQIX had dual carts?
i thiught you could by dual carts for it.

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Reports are saying 128 MB, and the CRC match ROM that Pong told us about has (supposed) 128 MB.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Crowbar?