Hacking figured out the r4 SDHC v2.10T

ganonthesage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had trouble over the last few weeks getting my flash cart to work. I followed the directions that everyone has recommended around the internet, barring disposing it and getting a new cart.
I made the stupid decision of getting the R4 SDHC Renovation V2.10T recently, and I was told to get the "latest firmware from the website listed on the box!"
WRONG.
The "latest" on both r4sdhc.com and r4sdhc.cn is version 2.10T09. It has saving issues. 99% of games will not keep a save.
Solution?
I got an older firmware, V2.10T07, and everything saves perfectly, including recent games such as The Sims 3 and Rock Band 3!
NOTE: They are not AP patched. But it is a start!
And also, some translated games, such as pokemon black and white do not work. A way around that is to use the trusty YSmenu!

Does any1 else have any questions relating to this? Maybe I can figure it out... I have 0 programming experience, so yeahhh

valp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
So nowadays this R4 SDHC 2.10T has better compatibility with YSMENU? What about WAIO? It's a DSTT clone, right? I'm guessing waio won't work...

ganonthesage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
valp said:
So nowadays this R4 SDHC 2.10T has better compatibility with YSMENU? What about WAIO? It's a DSTT clone, right? I'm guessing waio won't work...
It can use YSmenu, but I can only update that when the infolib and such are updated. WAIO doesn't work, but the 2.10T firmware has great compatibility. The only thing I cannot play is the translated pokemon black and white (which can work on YS)
I even got sonic colors and black ops to work without updates, only needing the AP patch for each to work 100%

HappyRenovation

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm here in my first post (but I've been reading the forums for a long time =D) to notify that ganonthesage has really found the solution to save problems in this R4i SDHC Renovation, and it should be spread as far as possible, cause I've seen many people with the same problem in the past days.

I, for one, can tell it worked like a charm in my card - my backup save of Dragon Quest IX USA, made in another R4 (the old, original one) wasn't recognized at all in the newly bought R4i SDHC Renovation card. I've been pulling my hair out for days trying to figure a solution and was about to give up when I found this topic.

Much to my surprise - cause I wasn't expecting success at this rate - downloading and installing the 2.10T07 firmware made the save be recognized and now I can save the game normally.

I'm going to try on other ones that happened to show the same case, like Professor Layton, and check if it works as well.

Once again, thank you very much ganonthesage, for you has taken a big load off my shoulders =D

iYoshi-

Trophies
XP
Country
ganonthesage said:
I've had trouble over the last few weeks getting my flash cart to work. I followed the directions that everyone has recommended around the internet, barring disposing it and getting a new cart.
I made the stupid decision of getting the R4 SDHC Renovation V2.10T recently, and I was told to get the "latest firmware from the website listed on the box!"
WRONG.
The "latest" on both r4sdhc.com and r4sdhc.cn is version 2.10T09. It has saving issues. 99% of games will not keep a save.
Solution?
I got an older firmware, V2.10T07, and everything saves perfectly, including recent games such as The Sims 3 and Rock Band 3!
NOTE: They are not AP patched. But it is a start!
And also, some translated games, such as pokemon black and white do not work. A way around that is to use the trusty YSmenu!

Does any1 else have any questions relating to this? Maybe I can figure it out... I have 0 programming experience, so yeahhh

QUOTE(HappyRenovation @ Nov 17 2010, 02:57 PM) I'm here in my first post (but I've been reading the forums for a long time =D) to notify that ganonthesage has really found the solution to save problems in this R4i SDHC Renovation, and it should be spread as far as possible, cause I've seen many people with the same problem in the past days.

I, for one, can tell it worked like a charm in my card - my backup save of Dragon Quest IX USA, made in another R4 (the old, original one) wasn't recognized at all in the newly bought R4i SDHC Renovation card. I've been pulling my hair out for days trying to figure a solution and was about to give up when I found this topic.

Much to my surprise - cause I wasn't expecting success at this rate - downloading and installing the 2.10T07 firmware made the save be recognized and now I can save the game normally.

I'm going to try on other ones that happened to show the same case, like Professor Layton, and check if it works as well.

Once again, thank you very much ganonthesage, for you has taken a big load off my shoulders =D

1247203916516.jpg

HappyRenovation

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
=P Say whatever you wish, I'm just happy for the guy solving my problem here. If you show admiration on the internet, people hate you. If you hate and troll people, people hate you anyway.

I'm glad to give the credits to the guy, that's all.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
It's not that we hate people that show admiration, we just hate people that seem peculiar. Not only does your entire profile scream that the sole reason why you ever created your account is to give credit to "ganonthesage", but the very fact that you are giving credit to someone that is practically a nobody apart from the fact that he went and tried an older firmware and just happened to find that the team didn't have a stupid problem with the older version.
Now, there are only two options that I personally can think of, either A) You are seriously thanking the guy and somehow happen to find your game just so overbearingly influential to your life that ganonthesage's little escapade has saved you from eternal destruction so you can play your game OR B) You are trying to get e-fame for ganonthesage.
In both cases, there is no point to creating an account if you aren't going to do anything apart from worship the guy who used an older version which is pretty much the same as worshipping some nub who can't program for squat, but made a hello world program using an old version of the devkitpro because the new one just happened to break something.

HappyRenovation

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Sheesh, ok. I was just in a happy moment, because I play DQ with my wife and had bought a new R4 as the old one was just a shitty clone that stopped working. Here in Brazil the cards aren't as cheap as there - Acekard, for one, costs roughly 80 dollars (about 150 reais, which is our currency).

I'm just an English teacher, so I don't have money to toss around with fake, non-working cards. When I found out the new card I acquired wasn't working as expected, I got nuts. I thought I had lost money with a crappy fake, but searched for days on a possible solution, one that could work for DQ IX, at least.

And then I found it here yesterday and decided to thank the guy. Sure, he had a stupid and simple idea, but one that nobody else did before him - and people questioned about this problem many times here about the very same problem, just use the Search and check.

But don't worry, I've learned my lesson - to send a PM when I want to thank somebody for whatever it is.

There's absolutely no need to keep the insults and indirect stabs on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm sleepy good night