Gaming Fighting/Beat'em'up (PC)

• Thread starter GentleFist
  • Start date
  • Views 2,544
  • Replies 19
G

GentleFist

Hello,
I'm looking for fighting games for the PC (no emulator).
I looked a bit and found Guilty Gear... and Mortal Kombat
I couldnt find anything that cought my eye.

I'm looking for something that isn't too outdated
for example something like Blaz Blue or Tekken 5
just for the PC.

Something besides SF4.

G

GentleFist

because i spent like a lot of time installing sf4 and when i finished i started it, i had low fps on maximum and on low/medium the map wouldnt show~ there were just the characters in front of a gray background
i just dont want to put up with it anymore

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, get an arcade emulator and grab yourself King of Fighters 2K2. It might be 8 years old, but it's just as good (if not better) than the newer games. Plus you're guaranteed solid framerate, lol.

If you're into Guilty Gear, there are many 'doujin' games that use a similar system and moves as Guilty Gear, someone else can fill you in on those.

edit: And I see you said no emulator... well, are you sure you want to play fighting games? Without upgrading your system, you won't be able to play anything new.. not that you'd be missing out on much.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
We talk of "TOTALLY LEGAL" Stuff here but:

BlazBlue runs on taito TypeX arcade platform... this platform is awesome to exploit as it is 1:1 PC - with specific GPU CPU ETC.

If you search you can get Arcade version of BlazBlue continuum shift arcade from da webs. The change for it work is random - since it really was built for one type of hardware - For most cases it does work but not for all, make sure you get to basics of the typeX loader as well.

You have no internet play or anything though.

PC version with net play of first BlazBlue may be coming.

You kinda killed whole list for good PC fighter by eliminating SF4 - it went from 1 to 0 there...

G

GentleFist

haha omf 2097 music is pretty epic~,
i have slowdowns on blazblue i mentioned blazblue so oc id look for a pc version before i make a thread
tongue.gif

if noone has anything better i guess ill stick with guilty gear~ its basically the same as blaz blue...
but resolution sucks

Tekkin88

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Um.. Would M.U.G.E.N. count as a good recommendation? It's free and you could put all the characters you want on it. It can be fully customized. Characters, stages, modes, etc. are updated like, everyday.

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Many "Fighting Enthusiasts" condemn MUGEN for many reasons (many of them understandable.) Among them, largely unbalanced gameplay (as characters are pulled from many different games) is a huge one, and it might turn you off. However, if you can find some good characters, then yeah, totally. It might not be competitive, but it's a lot of fun watching Optimus Prime rush down Scorpion and Ryu.

Other than that, by ruling out SFIV (I suffer from the same problem you do - even with bare minimum settings, I've got frame rate drops and such), you have ruled out probably the best "mainstream" title. As mentioned, there are various Doujin fighters you can check out. I'd recommend Melty Blood and Tohu (one of the Tohu games is a fighting game, the others are bullet hell type games)

If you're looking for Final Fight/Captain Commando/TMNT style gameplay, there's this game called Dungeon Fighter Online that you should check out. It's a free, MMO game with classic TMNT/Captain Commando gameplay, with rpg elements. It's worth looking at. And it's requirements are pretty low - I can run it on this laptop, so you should be able to, too.

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Windaga said:
Other than that, by ruling out SFIV (I suffer from the same problem you do - even with bare minimum settings, I've got frame rate drops and such), you have ruled out probably the best "mainstream" title. As mentioned, there are various Doujin fighters you can check out. I'd recommend Melty Blood and Tohu (one of the Tohu games is a fighting game, the others are bullet hell type games)

these, the touhou fighter is tohou 10.5 scarlet weather rhapsody i think. another funish fighter is vanguard princess. but there are plenty of doujin fighters if you dig around a bit.

G

GentleFist

tohou is awesome but then again the resolution isnt~

just doesnt look good on a 40' full hd tv xD

i got streetfighter running well seems its the only choice :/

E: wanted to try dungeon fighter... strange error comes while trying to join server
*diiiing* notices NA only... -_-" they should make a warning before downloading telling me i cant play so i wouldnt have wasted my time

i hate these kind of things ex: phantasy earth zero --> Free 2 Play

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I understand you reluctance toward emulators, but if you like arcade fighting games you should really consider setting up MAME and play some Street Fighter 3 od SvC Chaos .
Really those games are not very demanding and are some of the bests, along with Street fighter Alpha 3.
Or you might consider purchasing a cheap Dreamcast ( you can get it as low as $30-$40 ) and THEN my friend you'll have the ultimate fighting collection on your finger tip .
If you get the DC, you should try Capcom vs SNK 2, it incorporates all the characters and all the fighting styles from previous games and adds beautiful 3D background and music ( there are even versions out there with custom soundtracks ).
Yes, If I where you I'd get a Dreamcast.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM