FIFA 12: EA Details Improved AI, Set Pieces

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
screenshot_238990_thumb300.jpg

EA Sports is hard at work on FIFA 12, and has detailed some of the improvements you can expect to see when the game releases later this year.

Despite huge critical celebration of FIFA 11, EA Canada producer (and Brit ex-pat) David Rutter has promised that the studio isn't resting on its laurels for the next game in the series.

The producer told the latest issue of OPM UK that EA has an "enormous shopping list" of improvements it wishes to make in its new game - and specified a few areas that the studio's already working on.

"I think we did a great job with the Personality Plus feature [in FIFA 11," he said, "but the the teams [AI] doesn't support that quite as much as it should.

"As an example, a team doesn't spot that if Peter Crouch in the area, they can lay a load of high balls onto his head."

Rutter also revealed that set pieces are getting a complete overhaul, and that EA isn't happy with interruptive in-game loading screens.

"Set-pieces are still a bit lame," he candidly admitted. "I get frustrated by not being able to do quick throw-ins, not being able to quickly select my free-kick takers, on the fly stuff. We're somewhat last-gen in the way the game cuts [before those things]."

Rutter also commented on where the FIFA series is headed in more thematic terms - addressing the developer's wish to add more "soul" into proceedings.

"Those moments where you take one [player] tp his old club and the boo boys come out, or his old team are more aggressive in the tackle towards him. SO you think: 'Wow! FIFA understands not just the game of football, but the sport and passion behind it'."[/p]
Source

To be fair, I don't know why FIFA 11's Personality+ is so congratulated, the referees are shocking! If I slide someone behind with a "lenient" ref, he will almost never give me a red card or even a yellow. Instead, he will just wave me away.

Either way, hopefully the next FIFA will sort these issues out.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Improvements on the AI are very hard to notice and I hardly believe they put much work in that. They said that too for Fifa 11, all bollocks, just marketing crap.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte