FFXIII - My opinions

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ye gads! I think this game is almost perfect!!!! I'm sure many of my friends would disagree, mainly because the game doesn't involve shooting bullets and killing people every 2 seconds but to me a story is what I want in a game. FFXIII delivers me an epic tale I'm really enjoying, all the characters are likeable (they sometimes act like pricks but usually there's some reason for it) and I want to know what's going to happen next.

Let's just get on with a bit of "reviewing"

Graphics - I like this game's graphics, they look amazing on my small 720p screen in the 360 version. There is the odd horrid texture noticed during cutscenes but during actualy gameplay everything's too far away to notice anything really bad. The character models are amazingly detailed down to the hair (best looking hair in a video game I've seen, the detail in Sazh's 'fro is amazing)

Gameplay - Enjoying using the Paradigms and the new system. Its a perfect synergy of ARPG and traditional ATB movement (unlike that godawful hybrid that was FFXII) Paradigms are well implemented and very essential to the combat I just have 1 bugbear about it. Why can't I continue if my "leader" is knocked out in battle and other party member's are still alive? Its understandable in the Eidolon battles where if your leader gets KOed they would become a C'ieth but in normal battles it just annoys me, can't it just switch me to another member?

Storyline: As I said, epic. Character's are developing very nicely so far, though I can see the resemblance between Lightning and Cloud (the remit was to look to make a "female Cloud Strife") as they're both hardened soldiers who at first appear to be hard and coarse but have glimpses of softness every now and then. Snow's hero attitude gets annyoing and he acts completely stupidly at times but its for love and there's probably some act he feels guilty for in his past that he wants to try and repay for by saving everything. Sazh is definitely the most down to earth of the characters and the ground of the team, there's something buried in his past as well judging by a speech he gave to Hope at one point. I really want to see how these characters change as the game goes on and find out the true purpose of their becoming L'Cie.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Jamstruth said:
Why can't I continue if my "leader" is knocked out in battle and other party member's are still alive? Its understandable in the Eidolon battles where if your leader gets KOed they would become a C'ieth but in normal battles it just annoys me, can't it just switch me to another member?
Because it would be too easy, even though its easy enough.
You can go back a re-do anyway, change your Paradigms, etc.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The hair on some people is too..light. It looks a little too thin on Lightning. Though I hardly notice, it's only in certain poses.

I like the combat, though they're so damn close to being an action RPG they might as well have made it the jump. Would have really been awesome.

Other then that, I agree with your review. One of the first times in any Final Fantasy, excluding Crisis Core, where characters are actually interesting and make you want to learn more about them.

Oh and I love the music. The battle music somehow never gets old and annoying, ever after a billion battles. (unlike every other FF, where you really get tired of that same old song and dance after 1/4 of the game)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame: