FFXII: Revenant Wings

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by Kniteshade, Nov 21, 2007.

Nov 21, 2007

FFXII: Revenant Wings by Kniteshade at 12:32 AM (1,361 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. Kniteshade
    OP

Newcomer Kniteshade Member

Australia
    Have been playing the recently released NA version for a while now. Thing is, the game freezes at a certain FMV cutscene. It's the one just after the beginning of Chapter 1 where everybody rushes out to check out the flying-overhead-airship. I'm using the latest firmware, I've not even trimmed the ROM, and I've tried with different Savetypes. EEPROM 64/512 works but freezes at same point, Flash 2Mb won't save at all, Flash 4Mb works but freezes at same point.

Anybody willing to test it out to see if it's only my card. And anybody know how to override the cutscenes? X_x

2. BoneMonkey

Banned BoneMonkey The cheese stash is a lie.

United States
    buy a r4ds

3. Porkdish

Member Porkdish GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Its the Act Imagine video codec. For some reason something can occur during transfer to the card that effects just the movies that causes the thing to stall.

Copying it to the card again can help, starting afresh so it installs to a different part of the card is also a good idea.

This can happen in all games that use the Act Imagine codec, its not fatal just frustrating. I've had it occur with Magical Starshine (re-copy fixed it) and with Revenant Wings during the intro movie (re-copy fixed it), yet other games with the codec ran fine first time (Metroid). Its just luck when you're copying it over...

4. Kniteshade
    OP

Newcomer Kniteshade Member

Australia
    Ah, you are correct indeed. I took it out and copied over another copy and it didn't freeze up. Much thanks.

5. paul1991

Banned paul1991 Banned

United States
    F-off troll. My ncard is much better than my R4. Have fun with your new R4 FW moron! [​IMG]
    And its AN r4ds.

6. ZPE

Member ZPE GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    How is it AN R4DS? [​IMG]

I'd say "Buy the R4DS".

Thanks Porkdish, noted.

7. paul1991

Banned paul1991 Banned

United States
    i was merely accenting the change for his post.

8. h8uthemost

Member h8uthemost GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    You're not very bright.

9. paul1991

Banned paul1991 Banned

United States
    H8uthmost! You should check out ndsgbaroms! It is thriving! It had 32 yes 32 people on at the same time the other day! And the admin is back!

10. Glacius0

Member Glacius0 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    I haven't had this problem but I'm guessing it has to do with data getting segmented over the cart which messes with the performance. A quick format should fix this if this is indeed the case.