fuzzymillipede

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

I'm working on updating my FFX save editor, FFXED, to work with Switch. This editor has been around for about a decade and I just started updating it again.

Download link:
https://forums.pcsx2.net/attachment.php?aid=27353

You can find the main thread for FFXED here, which contains supplementary material and more info about how to use the editor:
https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-FFXED-Final-Fantasy-X-Save-Editor

I don't actually own FFX or a Switch so hopefully some of you can test it out and let me know what errors you encounter.

Troubleshooting:
- If FFXED.jar doesn't start up when you double-click it, first make sure you have the latest version of the Java Runtime Environment installed on your machine.
- If you have installed Java and FFXED's JAR file is not associated with Java and some other program runs when you double-click it, run Jarfix.

Screenshot:
ey9bwo0.png

-fuzzy

Last edited by fuzzymillipede,

fuzzymillipede

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Based on my preliminary investigation, the checksum calculation is different for Switch than it was for PC. Working on updating it--I might not get it fully working until the weekend.

But you should still be able to open Switch saves in FFXED. Try it out!

Last edited by fuzzymillipede,
Reactions: DrgnMasterKota

fuzzymillipede

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BTW, how do I put the WIP label onto this thread? The "Threadmark Category" dropdown is coming as empty and doesn't let me enter anything. I just get the following error "Please enter a value for the required field 'threadmark_category_id'."

Falo

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Someone tested it and says it is working fine with Switch saves. Anyone else want to try?
Your original editor works without any modification with switch saves, the only difference is, the switch save has a 8 Byte Timestamp at the start and it has 0x00 padding at the end.
So of course it works, if you add these changes.

Same goes for FFX-2.

Reactions: Madridi

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Your original editor works without any modification with switch saves, the only difference is, the switch save has a 8 Byte Timestamp at the start and it has 0x00 padding at the end.
So of course it works, if you add these changes.

Same goes for FFX-2.
I would’ve assumed this was the case. The same case applies for ps vita and ps3/4

Maybe you would like to look into that @fuzzymillipede .. awesome tool btw. The most comprehensive save editor I have ever seen.

Reactions: jethack

badman112

Trophies
XP
Country
How do you use this i cant even see a exe and everytime i try to extract it it wants to write the duplicate file names.

badman112

Trophies
XP
Country
You need to have Java installed in order to use FFXED:
https://www.java.com/

I added a troubleshooting section to the first post.

Ok thank you for that i guessed as much it was java when i saw .jar from back in the nokia phone days, but.... how do you get past when unzipping it wants to get rid of duplicate files and if you keep them it adds a number to file names so wont that mess up the directory.

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@fuzzymillipede
Your save editor works great on Switch! I was able to give myself a strength sphere and all the al bhed primers. There also exists another save editor for FFX on switch that also works, but the more the merrier! Yours definitely has much more options though, so it's the best one to use. Thanks for your amazing work!

kroche14

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OK, so I read some of the other posts on this board and it said that I need to use a program such as Checkpoint in order to get saved game files from the Switch's internal memory onto the SD card. Does anyone have easy to follow instructions on this? I watched a YouTube video on the subject but I got a little lost.

badman112

Trophies
XP
Country
OK, so I read some of the other posts on this board and it said that I need to use a program such as Checkpoint in order to get saved game files from the Switch's internal memory onto the SD card. Does anyone have easy to follow instructions on this? I watched a YouTube video on the subject but I got a little lost.

Not trying to be a jerk or anything but it is easy. After transfering checkpoint app to your switch and opening it up in your homebrew. You just have to selcet a user and either back up or restore a save, providing you have actually played some of the game and saved the data manually or automaticallly like some games do. Or you can get someone esles edited save.
You would obviously back up the original save using checkpoint and then transfer the save from the sxos checkpoint folder to your PC ready for edit.
When you are done with editing you just reload/rewrite back to where you extarcted the save in the first place then open checkpoint once again and and resore the save, as that will inject the new edited save back to the game.

Last edited by badman112,

fuzzymillipede

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok thank you for that i guessed as much it was java when i saw .jar from back in the nokia phone days, but.... how do you get past when unzipping it wants to get rid of duplicate files and if you keep them it adds a number to file names so wont that mess up the directory.

You're not supposed to open the JAR file as an archive. It's supposed to start FFXED when you double-click it, like an EXE file. If this does not happen, run the Jarfix program I mention in the first post.

Reactions: badman112

fuzzymillipede

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I uploaded a new version of FFXED which fixes some issues related to how FFXED "remembers" the location of the last file you edited, and also made some minor enhancements to the Sphere Grid editor. Let me know if you encounter any issues.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: