FFX/X-2HD PS3 Limited Edition Unveiled

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by T-hug, Jul 9, 2013.

1. T-hug
    OP

T-hug Always like this.

pip Chief Editor
    Oct 24, 2002
    England
    [​IMG]

We’ve been waiting to be able to share this with you – so it’s great to now announce that pre-orders for Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster are now open… and that we’re also releasing a Limited Edition across all European and PAL territories!
    Included in the Limited Edition is a great collection of concept art from the original Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy X-2 games, all contained in a smart artwork book.
    But if you want to get your hands on it, you’ll have to hurry, because stock is limited

Still no word on a release date or if the Vita versions of the games will also get an LE.

SD/HD Comparison Vid​

2. EJames2100

EJames2100 GBAtemp Fan

May 9, 2008
    England
    Is there a release date yet ?

NVM read 1st post a bit too fast.

3. Ethevion

Ethevion Wannabe Artist

Sep 23, 2010
    Canada
    Damn you 360 for not being lovable enough to get this :cry:

4. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    I am not sure. It looks like they actually made some effort and did some work.
    On the other hand I could probably entertain a cry of "so they dropped saturation, rendered slightly less blurry and upped contrast".

5. Öhr

Öhr GBAtemp Regular

Nov 22, 2006
    Gambia, The
    more of the same in a nicer box. remember back when ff was great?

It's time for square enix to stop releasing crap (ff11+) or ripping off those fanboys:
    ff7 remake? nada, just a rerelease on pc with minimal improvements overall. as long as it runs, itll print money!
    ff10 with no texture compression and increased resolution: minimal effort for maximal profit!

might as well die those fuckers!

but its not just square enix:
    • EA, no explanation needed
    • shut-in nintendo discovered that their new games are crap and that the only reason anyones still playing their consoles is because of old titles such as ocarina of time or wind waker -> remakes on consoles! despite all that: anyone remember wii u? i sure don't! might as well mention that they killed the metroid series with other m. fuck!
    • segas still trying to make sonic popular since dreamcast days...
    • Rare is MS now...
    • and so on

last big companies that at least produce something worthwhile is probably ubisoft, despite barfing out those new resident evil titles and konami for doing what they know to do. it is more of the same, but not more of the same shit.

luckily, indie is the last place video games are still fun!

6. omgpwn666

omgpwn666 Guy gamer and proud!

Jun 14, 2008
    United States
    Florida
    Does not have the biggest difference, but I would play this game again on PS2, so why not the newer PS3 version? Lol

Madridi likes this.
  7. Ryupower

Ryupower Brood

Oct 8, 2007
    United States
    why would the 360 get hd remakes of 2 ps2 games (just because it got the FFXIII it will not get all FF games)

8. Ethevion

Ethevion Wannabe Artist

Sep 23, 2010
    Canada
    Because money?

9. McHaggis

McHaggis Fackin' Troller

Oct 24, 2008
    Shame the Wii U hasn't sold much better because it might have been nice to see a mainstream Final Fantasy game remade for a Nintendo home console again.

Well, I doubt Sony have an exclusivity contract for the games. Remakes are made for old games on non-successor consoles all the time (see Resident Evil and Metal Gear Solid games on the GameCube, or the old Final Fantasy remakes for PSP). Square Enix could have done a remake, but they probably just didn't want to take the time seeing how Final Fantasy XIII-2 sold less than 1m on the 360.

10. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Can't wait to cringe in HD. Hopefuly it's going to be a PSPlus item eventually as I'm unlikely to buy this.

EZ-Megaman and Gahars like this.
  11. Qtis

Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Feb 28, 2010
    The Forge
    Still no pre-orders on Amazon, Zavvi or the rest for the Limited Editions (or the standard editions for that matter). May end up getting the LE of the game, but it all depends on the price. I own both games on the PS2, but have yet to complete either due to time constraints. If only they remade FF XII, since the load times are abysmal on the PS2..

12. pubert09

pubert09 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    In my opinion, the HD looks nicer EXCEPT for in the faces. The SD faces have a bit more of a real look to me.

13. Enchilada

Enchilada GBAtemp Regular

Jul 3, 2013
    Romania
    Hyrule
    I'll stick with the old ones, I don't have a PS3.

14. Mantis41

Mantis41 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 3, 2009
    United States
    earth
    The HD looks kind of weird. It somehow looks even flatter and more barren then the SD versions softer tones. I think the lack of processing in the image is glaringly obvious in the HD version but gets muted and looks softer in the SD one.

15. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    Is it just me, or does Tidus look even more like Meg Ryan in HD?

EZ-Megaman and Madridi like this.
  16. tbgtbg

tbgtbg Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky

Nov 27, 2006
    United States
    Widescreen support for the win.

17. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    >Insert laugh video here.

EZ-Megaman likes this.
  18. Necron

Necron Lurking~

Dec 29, 2008
    Chile
    Mi casa
    I think you can already do that with cheats (of course not native, but still there)

19. rypaul

rypaul Member

Newcomer
    Aug 28, 2009
    United States
    Miami, Florida
    Hmm FFX-2, I remember that one. It made my testosterone levels plummet and my estrogen levels
    skyrocket. I swear that game should have come with a warning label stating that it was designed
    with young teenage girls in mind.
    Anyway my real beef is of course the attitude towards FFVII and how it would take immense work to remake
    it and yet resources, admittedly not as extensive as would be required for VII, are wasted on one of titles
    lower down on the popularity scale. What next a FFVIII remake?
    I just hope X turns out to be all I hope it will be, I have no faith in FF reviving its former glory.

the_randomizer likes this.
  20. elgarta

elgarta GBAtemp Fan

Jan 2, 2012
    United States
    Interesting. The US Sony blog refers to the games being based off of the International editions which were released in Europe and Japan (FFX only), but the European blog doesn't mention being based off international editions. So are we to assume that X has the additions of the Dark Aeons and whatnot, but X-2 is just the standard X-2?

You realize though that in order for FF7 to be given a meaningful remake, it will probably lose the charm that made it well-loved in the first place, right? I am assuming that you don't want a simple re-modelling of characters but want a re-created game, seeing as you don't like the idea of X/X-2 being released with "uncompressed" textures. Imagine it now... FF7, but it plays exactly like 13! :)