Hacking FFTA2 crashing on acekard2i ..

Diogatos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I use AKAIO 1.6 on my acekard 2i but when i play FFTA2 it crashes randomly. I haven't tested with other games, but can someone help me out here?

Thanks

Diogatos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just a little update here:
I tried Zelda Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks, and both are getting their image crashed but the sound continues, although it gets really bad.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Until anybody else reports problems with those games, it's best to assume you're the only one and approach the problem as a more general issue. Try the typical stuff like formatting your card and reinstalling, and disabling soft reset and cheats.

Diogatos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
dib said:
Until anybody else reports problems with those games, it's best to assume you're the only one and approach the problem as a more general issue. Try the typical stuff like formatting your card and reinstalling, and disabling soft reset and cheats.
I formated the disk using a SD formatter program, disabled soft reset and cheats but the games keep crashing. I even tried to put a piece of paper on the face of the acekard since i read on this forum that acekard 2i has contact problems but once i did that i loaded FFTA2 but the game wouldn't even go through the loading screen. But Kirby: Canvas Curse runs smoothly without crashes and Disgaea is yet to crash aswell.
I'm going to format the SD again and follow the tutorial on the forum (I followed a video on the first time).
Any more ideas to help me out here?

Is it possible that the microSD is the one giving me the problems?

Sinistral89

Trophies
XP
Country
Try to use the 1.5.1 akaio instead of the 1.6RC since it is a kind of beta kernel at the moment. Might be that some small bug or something like that has gotten into the code and fuc* up the game or something. And if you still have trouble with FFTA2 then I can't help you.

And as you said, it might be your microSD card giving up on life.

Diogatos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sinistral89 said:
Try to use the 1.5.1 akaio instead of the 1.6RC since it is a kind of beta kernel at the moment. Might be that some small bug or something like that has gotten into the code and fuc* up the game or something. And if you still have trouble with FFTA2 then I can't help you.

And as you said, it might be your microSD card giving up on life.
FFTA2 isn't the only game crashing unfortunettly and the microSD is new so i doubt it's already giving up on life
tongue.gif

I'll try to use 1.5.1 akaio then, thanks
smile.gif

Edit: Just tried akaio 1.5.1 but it won't even load up games :S

Leonidas

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Make sure you remove all files of the previous kernel,before you copy over a new one. Maybe 1.5.1 doesn't work because you still have files from 1.6rc1 in there. Also make sure that soft reset,cheats, dl play, are all disabled. And of course that the roms are proper.

edit: if it still doesn't work you maybe have a bad card or card reader?

Diogatos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Leonidas said:
Make sure you remove all files of the previous kernel,before you copy over a new one. Maybe 1.5.1 doesn't work because you still have files from 1.6rc1 in there. Also make sure that soft reset,cheats, dl play, are all disabled. And of course that the roms are proper.

edit: if it still doesn't work you maybe have a bad card or card reader?
Just did that but the games won't load, i can't even change the skin of akaio, the screen just goes white..

Edit:About the microsd, this is the one i bought:
http://www.worten.pt/ProductDetail.aspx?pi...amp;oid=&c=
Is it enough to run the games smoothly or should i change it?

Leonidas

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Micro SD is not typically an issue, as long as it's properly formatted. Maybe it's your card reader copying corrupted data onto your card? Do you use a quality device or something cheap?

Personally I'm using 1.5 with 21/12/2009 loader, and it works fine for games I play atm.

Diogatos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
A friend of mine borrowed me his reader until I got mine from 0shippingzone (forgot to ask for one when i bought the acekard >_>) so i don't really know if it's a good one or not .. How can i check if it's the reader that is the problem here? If there's a way that is..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ubisoft should #stopkillinggames ngl
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?