OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.emuglx.net
XP
Country
United States
Alright, this is going to sound kind of dumb. Alright, been playing FFTA, about 80 hours in. I have one mission left. I need a RUSTY SWORD...and apparently I don't have it. So, I come to you guys for some help. Are there any unconventional ways to somehow link with a REAL GBA cart? By the way, I'm playing it on my DSLite. The first thing that came to mind, was somehow use an emulator and broadcast a connection. But then...I remembered that the GBA games used a link cable. What to do...what to do...?

I guess on a side-note, if all else fails, including some magical time machine in a closet somewhere, I guess I can always try a cheating device? Anybody know of anything that works on the Slot-2 of the DS for GBA games?

Magmorph

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could use your save from your real gba card on a PC emulator and use that to make a connection. This is assuming that you have a flashcard for your Ds.

theOtherGuy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.emuglx.net
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I have one of those old R4s on my DS, but...how do you do that? I always through you had to use like a weird contraption of cables modify a real cart?

theOtherGuy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.emuglx.net
XP
Country
United States
Ouch...AVG detected a virus in that file you linked to.

Whatever, spilled/spilt milk. Anyways, do you know how to use the tool? I don't want to accidentally delete my saves too.

Magmorph

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just try googling GBA Backup Tool. I wasn't expecting the file to have a virus its on GBAtemps download server and it has almost 2000 downloads. Sorry about that.

I used the tool a long time ago to backup all of my GBA saves. Its fairly easy to use but there is probably a chance it could corrupt your save.

theOtherGuy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.emuglx.net
XP
Country
United States
The file itself was fine, the folder just had some junk in it. I can't tell what it is...gibberish or a different language that my computer couldn't display.

Hmm...googling seems to reroute me back to GBATemp.
tongue.gif
But nothing so far...

I'm just going to play with it with my EZFlash....hopefully I'll come up with something.

Magmorph

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found a tutorial for using it.

kenio8185 said:
Ok, for this, I'm gonna assume that you know how to use an Acekard and micro sd and all that basic stuff.

Here is what you are gonna need:
Acekard (or any other flashcart, however, i'm using my Acekard 2i)
Micro SD
Real GBA game
A .sav file of the save file you want to use. Note: If you have a gba save file that's not a .sav file, go here:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=153434
GBA Backup Tool 0.21
Here is the link:
http://filetrip.net/f3228-GBA-Backup-Tool-0-21.html

Download the GBA Backup Tool 0.21 and put all the files that come with it inside your AceKard. I put mine in a folder named GBA to make things more organized for me, but that is not necessary.

Put the real gba game inside the slot-2

Turn on DS and go to the Acekard and select the Gba backup tool folder. Then go to the file that's named "GBA Backup Tool Version 0.21 By Rudolph" and open it.

Press A on the first option. At this point it MAY freeze. That is normal, it's just creating another folder in the SD card. Just restart the DS if that happens, don't worry about what it says on the top screen for now, just restart it as soon as it freezes, or wait 10 minutes or 100 minutes, it won't matter. Just turn it off when you see it happen.

Now turn on the DS and go to "GBA Backup Tool Version 0.21 By Rudolph" again. Press A to get to the menu. Now press B which is "New SAV file create" then press A to confirm it. At this point, a little meter should come up for like a split second then the thing should freeze again, that's normal. Just turn off the DS and don't worry about what it says on the top screen. Just like before, it doesn't matter if you wait or not so save yourself some time and turn it off when you see it freeze. Then take the SD card out of the Acekard and put it in your computer.

Go to the SD card and find the folder that says "GBA_Backup"

theOtherGuy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.emuglx.net
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! You're great. Santa's going to bring you a present.
tongue.gif

AH, completely worked! I hope my game is stable after cheating.
tongue.gif
I'd give you + points if we had such a thing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr