Gaming FFIV DS: What you need to know, spoiler free

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Raganook can you tell me who to use which Augments on, and when to do it.
So far I am up to boss Baigan (keep losing lol) and I have found Auto Potion (Gave to Rydia), Counter (Cecil) and Item Lore (unused, what does it do?).
I have found all Namingways up to this point (been pretty thorough), all maps 100% so far, I'm just worried incase I have to use all 3 of the Augments to find the next ones or something, don't really get the requirements for them.

[-EDIT-]
Oh yeah these may be Decants^ Not Augments? lol xD

Raganook

Raganook
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thug4L1f3 said:
Raganook can you tell me who to use which Augments on, and when to do it.
So far I am up to boss Baigan (keep losing lol) and I have found Auto Potion (Gave to Rydia), Counter (Cecil) and Item Lore (unused, what does it do?).
I have found all Namingways up to this point (been pretty thorough), all maps 100% so far, I'm just worried incase I have to use all 3 of the Augments to find the next ones or something, don't really get the requirements for them.

[-EDIT-]
Oh yeah these may be Decants^ Not Augments? lol xD

OK:

First of all, as I said in the front post, characters who are NOT listed do NOT give you Decants during the storyline. Cecil and Rydia are not listed
frown.gif
. Luckily, giving Counter to Cecil is a good idea anyways.

At this point in the story, you need to focus on the twins. So if you have any left that are shitty, give it to them. Item lore doubles the effect of all items.

In the (U) version its Augments, in the (J) version Decants. I'm having trouble breaking the habit
tongue.gif

Also, you shouldn't be worried about having not found all the Decants; there is not enough your first run through for everyone =/. There is only one Decant you have missed so far, its called Curse, and you find it where you fought an Elemental Fiend. Good job!
smile.gif

As for a "who and when" guide, I don't really want to because in doing so I sort of reveal the ending party, not to mention there is a lot of personal preference. Especially when you consider the game is designed to be beaten twice, and on the second run through you will have PLENTY of extra Decants,and know EXACTLY when you need to give them to characters. So don't sweat it!

If you are going for a single run-through, just give Decants you don't like to the characters I have listed, and save all the really nice Decants for your ending party.

If you are going for a double run-through, really don't worry about it, as you will end up with plenty of Decants.

*I've updated the front post with important information about the second run through

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
Raganook are you saying that at the end of the 1st playthrough the characters are different?

Is playing the second time worth playing (ie, secrets, new area's, characters etc?)

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
extidus2 said:
hate2.gif
I wish i could use my data from FF4 advance.... all chars level 99, with Hero's Shield, all lunar grimoires...etc.

I don't think that FFIV DS has as many extra's as FFIV Advance. ie The Twins coming back to life etc

Sorry sfunk this wasn't related to the DS version I haven't even finished it yet - I was merely speculating.

But added spoiler for consistency.

smile.gif

sfunk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Haha, not a problem. I really had no clue what your post entailed with regards to the story, nor do I particularly care about spoilers. Some might be upset, though, so I thought it'd be best to warn you.

Raganook

Raganook
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Fission said:
Raganook are you saying that at the end of the 1st playthrough the characters are different?

Is playing the second time worth playing (ie, secrets, new area's, characters etc?)

Firstly, to others: This post is to remain 100% spoiler free. If you are unsure, put it in spoiler tags.

Secondly: No, I just don't want to reveal the ending cast to those who haven't yet beaten FFIV.

Beating it a second time is worth it if you are a completionist, or one of those people that likes to build "the ultimate party". In addition, there are two new challenges during your second run through that are unavailable the first time through. It is up to you whether that counts as "worth it".

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
Raganook said:
Fission said:

Firstly, to others: This post is to remain 100% spoiler free. If you are unsure, put it in spoiler tags.

Secondly: No, I just don't want to reveal the ending cast to those who haven't yet beaten FFIV.

Beating it a second time is worth it if you are a completionist, or one of those people that likes to build "the ultimate party". In addition, there are two new challenges during your second run through that are unavailable the first time through. It is up to you whether that counts as "worth it".

Longevity is always a bonus and something to look forward to
smile.gif

Thanks and don't worry not wanting to reveal the cast
wink.gif

Raganook

Raganook
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Fission said:
extidus2 said:
hate2.gif
I wish i could use my data from FF4 advance.... all chars level 99, with Hero's Shield, all lunar grimoires...etc.

I don't think that FFIV DS has as many extra's as FFIV Advance. ie The Twins coming back to life etc

NO ONE READ THIS, ITS SPOILER-RIFIC
tongue.gif

Actually, even in the original FFIV the twins are revived by the elder of Mysidia. They are amongst the army that attacks the Giant of Babel, and they are physically present in the hall of prayers at the heart of Mysidia

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
NO ONE READ THIS EITHER
lecture.gif

Wasn't it the case that you could use the Twins/Tellah/Yang/FuSoYa in the end battle in FFIV advance?
I never completed it
unsure.gif

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Ok Ranagook sorry for all the questions, but having worked on the game so much I figure you don't mind lol:
I went back to Mt. Ordeals from Boss Baigan, figured the journey would level me up enough to defeat him, and it did! I got Curse, then made my way back. There was no save between Baigan and Cagnazzo so I have lost the Twins without giving them any of the Augments... Have I messed up now?
I think I'm just gonna play through now and be thorough with searching and save the augments until I have a better understanding who to use what on.
Sorry for the scatty post.

Raganook

Raganook
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thug4L1f3 said:
Ok Ranagook sorry for all the questions, but having worked on the game so much I figure you don't mind lol:
I went back to Mt. Ordeals from Boss Baigan, figured the journey would level me up enough to defeat him, and it did! I got Curse, then made my way back. There was no save between Baigan and Cagnazzo so I have lost the Twins without giving them any of the Augments... Have I messed up now?
I think I'm just gonna play through now and be thorough with searching and save the augments until I have a better understanding who to use what on.
Sorry for the scatty post.

I love FFIV. Thats why I spent hundreds of hours translating it
smile.gif
Ask away!

Yes, you have that one-shot to give augments to the twins in your first runthrough. You would need to give them any of item Lore, auto-potion, curse and counter, but then you would miss out on other abilities later on. Overall; don't fret. If you do a second runthrough, you will have another chance
smile.gif
So you haven't "messed up" at all! Give augments ONLY to the characters I listed on the front post, and ONLY if you like the augments they give you in return! I believe in you
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    if ur on a Chromebook and cant change jack about the laptop that's what I gotta use
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    One of the sites that weren't blocked on the school's network was some file uploading sites. I would upload some games, write down the URL and take it to school one day.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't allowed.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol Bun rockin out at 2 :rofl2:
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol Bun rockin out at 2 :rofl2: