Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Alrighty, two questions (and go easy
smile.gif
) ...

1) When I enter the equipment screen and start handing out shields and swords, the Attack and Defense numbers remain at "1". It doesn't give the green or red arrows anymore. I just finished the part with Nepto and have a new armor/helm and sword I want to hand out, but I don't want Ingus to lose anything ... but it just shows as "1". Is there a reason for this, or do I just hope it goes away?

2) The Serpent Sword ... I'm a little confused here. I have the Fire Staff, and during a fight, I can choose it out of the Item menu and my Mage deals Fire with it. The Serpent Sword's descriptions says "Thunder damage", but I can't use it out of the Item menu as I did the Fire Staff. So how do I deal Thunder damage with it? I've tried it with a Red Mage, White Mage, and Warrior ... to no avail.

It's a shame I haven't played any of these games since I was a kid on my old NES ... I'd probably remember a lot more! But now I no better than a complete n00b when it comes to real RPG's.

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sounds messed up if your attack stays @ one no matter what equipment you put on, I think from my memory the serpent sword deals thunder attribute when you use it....only certain weapons (staff in particular) can be used as a spell under the item option during battle.

ThadSharpe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The Serpent sword does lightning (thunder) damage... which makes it effective when attacking water-element monsters. But it doesn't cast a spell, just does melee damage as lightning.

Tafunda

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
1) The reason your attack and defense are @ one is because your party is shrunken (mini). If you unshrink them (use mini again on them) their attack and defense will jump up back to normal.

2) The serpent sword deals melee lightning damage. You don't have to throw it.

Galaki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
some equipments cannot be used as combat item. Such as Serpent sword.

spoiler: assuming you're reaching the larva cave soon. that boss is hard. Be prepared to go all offensive on it with ice based attacks. (yeah, i died, doh)

nloding

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you mean "Lava Cave" or "Molten Caves" then, yeah, I'm there. I was practically there when I posted this.

Gutsco himself was fine ... barely any damage dealt to me, but when he turns into that Salamander ... holy crap!

I've tried 4 times, using every Antarctic Wind, Blizzara, and Ice-based attack I have, and I can only get him to about 5000HP, no 6000 to kill him. It's pissing me off. I think I'm gonna run around a little bit and level up some first and try again.

I hate that Salamander.

nloding

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Heh, after an hour of leveling up (to Level 20) and switching Refia from a theif to a black mage, I was able to beat that Salamander's butt!

Now I'm forced to switch someone to a scholar ... tough decision, I really like my team right now ... so I'll have to think on this.

Currently:

Luneth: Red Mage / Refia: Black Mage / Arc: White Mage / Ingus: Warrior

Tough decision!

iamwhoiam

Honorary R4 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yeah, if you're mini or frog, all def/att equips will be "1"

p.s. took me 5 go's to do salamander... had to pick up all the items, teleport out, and then re-enter with fresh mana/hp, a slightly higher level and a straight run to the boss =]

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol