FFCC: Ring of Fates local wireless trouble

Discussion in 'NDS - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by Arkadia, Jul 31, 2009.

Jul 31, 2009
  1. Arkadia
    OP

Newcomer Arkadia Newbie

Australia
    Hi guys,

Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong section of the forum, but this seemed to be the closest fit for my problem. Apologies if I'm wrong..

Here's the problem: My boyfriend and I purchased FFCC: Ring of Fates so that we would have an RPG DS game to play together. He recently moved overseas to live with me but left his Ring of Fates card behind.. luckily we have a trusty CycloDS to back us up. Unfortunately, we seem to be running into a problem when we try and play over the DS local wireless together. I am running the FFCC: Ring of Fates game card on my DS while he is using the CycloDS to emulate RoF. When we try and start a 'Multiplay' game together, we cannot find the others party. We thought maybe if we traded friend codes it would enable us to join each others party, but when we get our friend codes from the Mog Trader and give them to each other it says 'The friend code you entered was incorrect.' on BOTH DS's. This means that when we add a friend code recieved on the official RoF game card to the friend roster on the CycloDS game it says it's incorrect and vice versa. It seems I can add friend codes to my RoF game card but I get the same message when trying to add a different legitimate friend code to my CycloDS RoF rom. I thought I'd heard of people using roms to play the RoF Multiplay mode so I'm a bit confused.

Does anyone know of a way to get around this? Or have I been misled and it's not possible to play Multiplayer on a flash cart? My Cyclo is fully updated, by the way.

I really appreciate any help/feedback. Apologies again if this is in the wrong section. Thank you [​IMG]

2. DarkWay

Member DarkWay tsubasa hiroge

United Kingdom
    when you start FFCC rings of fate do you have the bypass cheat active? (this is on the CycloDS) there's a security check to see if you have the legit version in or the rom if its the ROM you'll get a thanks for playing screen appear at some point in the game also I think without the bypass you can't play on the multiplayer.

so here's your helping hand if this is indeed the problem.
    firstly go here - http://cheats.gbatemp.net/ - the file you require is the 07_15_09_user.evoCHEATS.zip
    check your CycloDS files on your mem stick for a cheat file (if there is one with the firmware) and rename the file you downloaded to the same as that file (if there is no file just place the file with the CycloDS firmware files) now go to your DS and go to the CycloDS's settings menu and make sure cheast are enabled once that is done start up your FFCC rings of fate game (I'm not sure if its works the same as my card as I own an EDGE card but they are essentialy the same) and hopefully box will pop up asking if you would like to use cheats say yes scroll to the bottom of the list and check the no "thank you for playing" screen cheat then press start and hopefully if everything goes as planned the game should then be playable....maybe I hope....... [​IMG] this would be so much easier if I owned a CycloDS card lol but hopefully you'll figure it out or someone will will point the files in the right direction [​IMG]

hope this has been of some use