FFCC : Echos of Fate and Sakura

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by slyboots, Mar 25, 2009.

Mar 25, 2009
  1. slyboots
    OP

Newcomer slyboots Member

I'm curious if anyone has managed to get this to work correctly, After updating to the latest version of Sakura, applying the cheat fix the game starts right into a "In-game" menu (Char and spell sellection on the bottom screen and two in-game chars on top on a black backdrop) for about 2-3 seconds before the entire thing locks up.

If I upgrade to the latest version of the M3 non-Sakura firmware the game loads and works fine but, lets be honest the stock M3 Real firmware is terrible x.x

Any ideas or suggestions?

2. dsrules

Member dsrules GBAtemp Psycho!

I bet that you didn't choose Instant Codes in Sakura

3. Glockfox

Newcomer Glockfox Newbie

United States
    Gettin' the same problem, I'm using M3 and it should be patched all the way... using the AR code too =(

4. dsrules

games works perfectly fine on newest Sakura with bypass cheat...and Touchpod works without using bypass cheat

update: my bad...the game works fine on newest Sakura without using by pass cheat..I was using 1.34

so what seems to be the problem people is having....it Saves fine

or you get the Thanks for Playing screen after playing for 10 mins?

5. thedicemaster

Member thedicemaster GBAtemp Addict

Netherlands
    on older firmwares you receive a save error whenever you try to save.
    but they fixed that in the latest firmware.

6. Zerrix

Member Zerrix GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    Firstly: It is called "Echoes of TIME". [​IMG]

Secondly: Actually, you shouldn't have have the problem if you updated your firmware to at least Sakura 1.35 or TouchPod 4.3a X, because both Sakura 1.35 and TouchPod 4.3a X use the new bypass-anti-piracy-system to prevent such problems.

However, it works fine on my Sakura 1.35.

7. thedicemaster

Member thedicemaster GBAtemp Addict

Netherlands
    it's because the anti-piracy bypass is double applied.
    the firmware applies it, and the cheat does.

disabling the cheat should fix the problem.

8. dsrules

nope..even using the cheat fix on newest firmware..it doesnt affect the game

9. Baldarov

Newcomer Baldarov Newbie

Finland
    I had the same problem on my M3 Real and my wive's ITouch. It went straight into the game with 2 characters on screen with black background and normal screen on bottom. You could move around maybe 2 seconds before the game locked up.

This was with the newest and older firmware for both, patched and unpatched versions from two different sources.

I finally got it to work on mine by defragging the sd card then installing Sakura. I had tried flat out installing Sakura then running it but came out with the original problem. I have yet to get it to work with the normal firmware for the M3 Real even after wiping it clean and reloading it all on to the sd card.

The same thing happened with my wive's ITouch. Tried new and old firmwares and same problem. Patched and unpatched roms and still same problem. Eventually copied everything off of her card and back onto it and it worked with newest firmware (basically the same as defragging it, I think).

I have no idea if this will help anyone or anything. I just know that it worked for us.

Both patched and unpatched versions worked perfectly fine after this.

Baldarov

10. slyboots
    OP

Newcomer slyboots Member

Baladov seems to have the same problem I have, I've upgraded today to the newest Sakura (1.45) and tried a clean-dump of the game, but I've the exact same problem as before,

This is with no cheats applied or anything of that nature, I dont understand why its not working correctly, Just another quick update, I've grabbed the Euro version of the game, defragged the card (although formatting and re-copying it is the same thing) and the same problem still exists, Im stumped.

11. dsrules

12. slyboots
    OP

Newcomer slyboots Member

I actually meant 1.35, but anyway I went to that site.. downloaded the M3 Sakura firmware and.. got a video encoder program instead (and yes, I double-checked the file) Looks like someone has compressed the wrong file [​IMG]

However, I did download the Official USA 1.35 release from GBATemp and unpacked it to my freshly formatted card and.. It works! Woohoo [​IMG]

So thank you all the same [​IMG]

13. dsrules

open the video encoder program and click Install Sakura or goto c:\Program Files\Gbalpha\Sakura.... and copy the System folder to your microsd