FFCC - Echoes of Time: Stat Building Questions

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by SamusKnight2K, Apr 5, 2009.

1. SamusKnight2K
    OP

Member SamusKnight2K GBAtemp Regular

United States
    At this time I'm at the Gate under Normal Mode, but I'm already LV47. Just by killing enemies I still seem to level fairly quickly which makes me question if I'm the proper level or over-leveled for Normal Mode. And if I've read correctly, Lv99 is to be the max level. I want to gear my Selkie towards being more magic-oriented and I've read about gems or whatnot you can gain that boost your skills/stats. So how would I go about getting them? Also if I hit 99 before then will it prevent me from properly building my stats up the way I want? Thanks.

2. Besbeset

Newcomer Besbeset Member

Spain
    well, if i trust u. at lvl 99 with full gear 32 u might die very fast on veryveryvery hardmode.
    i tryed and some boss hit me for 800 and more XD

3. TornZero

Member TornZero GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The basic stat growth is random and its max is 999 which is impossible to reach without cheats... I think. With certain gems equipped, you can change the stat growth rates, but there are tribe-specific weapons. The best MATK booster is a MATKBOOST6 Gem, that I know of.

4. ZaneStriker

Newcomer ZaneStriker Member

Australia
    ....Some of those answers are very....unhelpful.

Here's how it works. You can play the game through normal simply leveling your characters, and the most effective way to do this is to kill everything in an area (room) before moving onto the next and if you happen to find a particular dungeon you can't beat, then go back and redo the last one you did, but on normal mode I beat the game with 4 level 50s (or there abouts).

You really, really don't need to worry about stat growth or weapon growth untill you have some gear your atleast fond of imo.

Weapon Leveling: All weapons (that I have seen so far) and other gear are maxed lvl 3. The only way to level them beyond this is to equip a blue gem which equips the effect "overboost" to the item. These come in various levels themselves, from overboost1 all the way to overboost20 which eventually can achieve a max lvl of 30 for any weapon or piece of armour.

The most effective method I have found so far of acquiring higher level overboost gems has been to beat the boss's on hard mode, with each beaten boss dropping a superior leveling gem, and I have done each boss multiple times to get more gems for all my characters.

At the moment, I have 4 lvl 99 characters, each with full lvl 15 weapons and gear. I can't beat the final boss on Hard mode yet so no idea if Very Hard mode has even better gems but as I have yet to see a +20 gem yeah I'm assuming that is where you get it.

Character Stats: Firstly, Magic boost6? Yeah, that's great if you have a magic user...

From what I have experienced, customizing gear with +stat gems only increases the stat so long as the gem is equiped, unlike the gear leveling gems. for example, you have 500hp and you add a +hpboost2 gem and it jumps to 550, so you add another and it jumps to 600hp. Take them away and your back to 500. (numbers are examples only, not exact boosts).

My main character currently is a lvl 99 clavat with full lvl 15 gear and 2 hp boosts equiped, giving him something like 800hp, where as my 97 selkie with lvl 15 gear but no hp boost gems is only around 500hp.

You can also equip attackboost, defenseboost, magicboost gems. To find aquire any of these gems I have found the best method is to buy/make a decent set of armour, level it up and then turn it into a gem (take the leveling gems out first though). Turning good def armour into a gem makes hp or def boost gems, turning attack orrienated armour into gems makes attack boost etc.

Any more questions, just ask.

5. SamusKnight2K
    OP

Member SamusKnight2K GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hmm, not exactly the answers I was looking for... I know there are stat-boosting items that can be found from chests that auto-boost your stats. And I also read something regarding equipping items that could boost your stats via level-ups meaning if you normally gained 3 MATK, the item/gem you had equipped would boost the amount giving you say, 7 MATK when you leveled.

EDIT: And as for the temp-boosting gems I've already got some of those. Normally I use a Sui (sp?) gem to boost my currently equipped armor to 9 then pass this gear onto my party members, making sure to keep everyone adequately equipped. As of writing this I'm now Lv50 and onto the tower. For my Selkie I commonly use a Paddle but might craft a secondary high level staff/bell for magic casting. My party consists of a Male Selkie (Main Char), a Female Clavat, Male Lilty, and Male Yuke all around the same levels. Selkie uses Paddles, Clavat uses Swords, Lilty uses Spears, and Yuke uses Staves/Bells.

6. ZaneStriker

Newcomer ZaneStriker Member

Australia
    Well I'm not sure about keeping the stat bonus as you level as I've never looked that into it, for such a small game with no real PvP or reason to really up all the stats there didn't seem like much point.

But I would recommend you go check out the boards on gamefaqs. I'm hearing someone over there has a formula regarding the gem effects.

-ZaneStriker