Gaming FF4 is Ugly - Thank God Square isn't Revamping Chrono!

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Mentz said:
I'm sick of Remakes and of Square super graphic games with "poor" gameplay...

I like the original FF4...

Then you're missing out on part of the story. From what I've heard this version has script that wouldn't fit in the original game.

TaMs

Randomizer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Imo it looks like normal ds game = ok. nothing too ugly.
all those remakes are kind of annoying though. they should be making new games

Antihero2007

Trophies
XP
Country
Wouldn't really matter to me if I didn't like the graphic's, I'm just glad they did something other than just changing the platformed, I've already got original FF4 why would I want another copy thats exactly the same?

Infact I've played an original copy of FF4 turned into an MMORPG as well.

Spaceman016

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sc4rFac3d said:
The BS in FFIV that is killing me is Cecil's skinny legs, like he's wearing some kinda pair of nudie jeans. And the way he's moonwalking. It's little things but it's annoying is fuck. And his voice doesn't really fit him.

LOL yeah im not a skilly leg design liker myself, i dont like it at all
Im more of a megaman boot/feet design

Hard game though if u spend all your gold on potions and decursive items its ok and ethers and phoenix downs and etc..... lol MP pools are way too low IMO for casters just my thoughts

Also if you dont like the new 3d remakes why dont u go back to the GBA versions, they are ok ports I have tried them and they are nice and fun to play but ill stick
to the new FFIV kinda like it atm

Some people say remakes are annoying but I like em, Id rather play a port on a DS or GBA than a rom on my PC anyday.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, this troll topic is still around, eh? Debating the quality of graphics in a DS game? Seems pointless...

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Antihero2007 said:
Wouldn't really matter to me if I didn't like the graphic's, I'm just glad they did something other than just changing the platformed, I've already got original FF4 why would I want another copy thats exactly the same?

WTF?
wtf.gif
where? Where did you play it? I thought SQUARE only works with Final Fantasy XI? And how do you make FFIV and Online Game? Who published it?

Antihero2007

Trophies
XP
Country
Raestloz said:
Antihero2007 said:

WTF?
wtf.gif
where? Where did you play it? I thought SQUARE only works with Final Fantasy XI? And how do you make FFIV and Online Game? Who published it?

www.byond.com

It's not made by Square, it's a fan game. They took the source code from the rom and changed it so that it became an MMO.

It's free but I don't know if it's still hosted, I played it around 3 years ago.

ImpulsE69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are always going to be those who bitch about one thing or the other. I for one think the graphics are fine. I don't want awesome graphics. I want awesome games. These days you are lucky to get one or the other..not both. Some people it seems would prefer an entire CGI game that was 20 minutes long and you didn't do anything but press a button to continue than actually play a game.b

...of course, he is saying not to change CT...OK..I get that..but why do you need 4 exact same versions of a game which seems to be the thing to do these days. The only thing that made me pick up FFIV on DS was because they actually made enough changes to warrant playing it again. Either way you look at it, both of these are dated games. You can just emulate CT if you want the origional ;p (or own it like i did).

Malkesh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I dunno.. but if I want to play an unchanged version of CT, I just play the damned thing on the SNES. I enjoy it, no question 'bout that. It's a fine and nice game.

But if they release a new version of it, it should be justified. Not just the same copy slopped onto a new system to make some easy money. I could even run the SNES-version on a friggin' SNES-emulator for my DS and get the same result... So why bother with it, if it's all the same?

To me, leaving it unchanged is just quite a nice way, to earn some cheap money without doing too much work for it. Sure, they enter a new dialog here and there, maybe even a new dungeon or stuff like that. But in comparison that's nothing.

Even FF IV is a pretty "cheap release" since with re-releases of old games they don't have to think much about the storyline, character-development and battle-systems, since it's already worked out. And with that huge chunk of work already done, there should be way enough time to invest in a better visualisation of the old gaming-pearls. They did a good job there with FF III and IV, but go the cheap way with CT. I don't care, whether they'd stay 2D or went 3D with CT, but just leaving it as it is... well, that's dissapointing in my point of view.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let me lay this thread to rest with this bit of insight:

When you find Rosa in the tower where you must deliver the earth crystal, you can see Rosa's nips.
blink.gif
That's all you need to know about the graphics in this game. Everything else is moot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeaZWBrG__s