FF3 - Weapon Spells

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by adz, Nov 21, 2006.

Nov 21, 2006

FF3 - Weapon Spells by adz at 9:55 AM (3,622 Views / 0 Likes) 14 replies

1. adz
    OP

Newcomer adz Member

United Kingdom
    Can someone tell me how I can cast spells embedded into weapons? (eg fire staff, ice staff)

Attacking doesn't cast the spells and I don't seem to be able to select them anywhere, I know you should be able to cast them for free

thanks

2. XmemphistoX

Member XmemphistoX Advanced Member

United States
    If you got the item equipped you go to the items page during battle. Go to the very top of the page and hit up one more time til you see whats in your two hands. Select item then select enemy.

3. BlueStar

Member BlueStar GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Took me ages to realise that. You don't have to have them equipped by the way, you can just use them as an item.

Now I'm trying to work out what the deal is with the scholar books. Do they deal the lightening/ice/fire damage when you do a physical attack with them? Can't seem to use them as an item.

4. mortys

Newcomer mortys Advanced Member

France
    Hi everybody
    Somebody can telle me how to lockpick doors with the Thief. When I'm facing a locked door, the item menu appers but I don't know what to do.

5. adz
    OP

Newcomer adz Member

United Kingdom
    hmm thanks, I think I tried that though and couldnt seem to do it. I'll keep mucking around with it

6. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    @mortys your thief has to be the character you have selected/on the screen at the time: open the menu, hit formation, choose your thief and set them to the top of the character list. Now when you try and open the locked door you will get a message saying using your thief abilities....
    If not you can use one of the keys you get given by the dwarf or buy from the village on the south east of the outer ring of the floating continent.

7. XmemphistoX

United States
    Yeah whats up with the books? I cant use the spells. Also theres a hammer with lightning enchantment I found in which I cant use the lightning on.

8. XmemphistoX

United States
    Ok so lets say your black mage has a staff of ice on one hand and a staff of fire in the other.

When you're in battle and its his turn to make a command, what you do is go to the item menu

after going to the item menu, even though its not showing on the top of the screen, hit up. A new window will open showing what you have equipped in your left and right hands. Select the item staff of ice for Ice spell or staff of fire for the Fire spell. Then choose an enemy you want to use it on. If you ever played FF3 (FF6 jap) on the Snes, it is done the same way.

9. lookout

Member lookout GBAtemp Board Room

United Kingdom
    weapon with element only give more damage effect only.............

mean: if the monster weak point is fire
    you can attack this monster with a fire weapon (element)
    and is will take more damage point's x2...

10. mortys

Newcomer mortys Advanced Member

France
    Thx a lots Fast

11. BlueStar

United Kingdom
    What class or level do I have to be at to use stuff like ice/fire/light/medusa arrows? I can use holy arrows and normal arrows, but no-one seems to be able to equip the others.

12. Killermech

Member Killermech Cookie Monster

Sweden
    The ranger can use all arrows. Atleast he should when I tried him later on, since I was curious on the damage with those new arrows you mentioned at that time.
    But he might require the last bow.

13. BlueStar

United Kingdom
    Ah, OK - Ta.

I'm up against Hein at the moment, and the whole idea of using study to find out his weak point seems completely fucking stupid - He always uses barrier shirt after you've chosen your attack but before the attack is carried out, so it doesn't matter if you know his weakness is fire and use a fire attack, because by the time the attack hits he'll have a different weakness.

EDIT: Killed the little twat anyway [​IMG]

14. Shinji

Member Shinji ҉҉ ҉҉

United States
    I say use all three -a spells every turn. Or use the staffs if you picked them up. I guess the staff item way would be easier since you probably dont have enough uses on three characters with Lv3 magic [​IMG]

15. sketch143

Member sketch143 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I found that hammering him with all the magic a waste of time since it's a waste of MP (or items)

What you can do with Hein is to hit him with all -ra elements at the start of the battle (around turn 1 and 2), take note of the damage. When he starts barrier shift. Take your chance with an element and just analyze the damage afterwards.

If you use Thundara:
    Damage is higher than normal - he has Ice resistance
    Damage is slightly lower than normal - he has Fire resistance
    Damage is really low compared to normal - he has Thunder resistance.

Just keep track of which is weak to what. (Fire is weak to Ice; Ice is weak to thunder; Thunder is weak to Fire)

If you can effectively predict what type he's gonna change to after, add that with knowing everyone's Agility and what turn order they have, you can kill Hein in 5 turns or so.

Just a reminder that he only starts using Barrier Shift when his life is about halfways gone.

I might be a little off with the which is weak to what, but you should get the point of what i'm trying to say here. If you still don't, go play pokemon and learn about weaknesses and resistance. [​IMG]

O yah.. Make your scholars use the items Antractic Wind, Bomb Fragment and Zeus Wrath. They're basically free use of -ra magics. And it owns Hein bad. (looking at 2500 damage if a scholar uses the item on Hein)