Gaming FF3 or revenant Wings?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
FF3: good but it is a bit like where you watch an old but supposedly seminal film only to find everything that was revolutionary then has been done for years and is now done better.
That is not to say it is a bad game.

FF12: RW. I only played a bit of the Japanese version and it was not bad. It is no FF X2 but I would not place it in the same vein as some of the other members of the series. You could certainly do far worse if looking for a DS game.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Revenant Wings, i haven't played final fantasy 3 yet i've been addicted to Revenant Wings for a while now
biggrin.gif

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
none, i have both and FF 3 in original and played FF XII for 17 hours but i STOPPED it since i was forcing myself to play it.

FF3 : so boring

FF XII : RW : even more boring.

but if you are suppose to select one of them or they will kill a cat, i would say FF 3.

Torte

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
^Yep, what he said. Although FF3 was fun for me purely for its freshness, and for completion purposes.

PanzerWF

Trophies
Website
zetta.l4rge.com
XP
Country
Canada
I tend to think of it as comparing apples to oranges.

You have a pure RPG in FFII and an RPG/RTS blend in FFXII. Personally, I found FFXII more fun as it changed things up with the whole RTS put in there. But I found FFIII (or at least the 10 or so minutes I played it) to be pretty interesting for an RPG.

I'd say FFXII > FFIII for its fresh new concept.

Jaejae

Superfly Don't Used
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
FFIII was far superior. IMO atleast, Revenant Wings was a great concept pulled off sub par.
FFIII is harder than most of the other true Final Fantasy games, personally I found Heroes of Mana more enjoyable then Revenant wings.
It's funny, true Final Fantasy games are great, but the spin offs and sequels usually suck arse.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depends if you want a solid good RPG or want a slow paced boring to play RTS as others have said.

There really is nothing wrong with FF3 at all as some would like to pan it for, it's just that the style is a classic RPG, much like how Dragon Quest all these years has stayed true to form. FF3 is a superior package as far as an RPG does for someone, and if you like those in the classic sense it would be dumb to skip it.

Doggy124

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thailand
I like FF:12, Cant put it down when start playing

FF:3, put down in less than 10 minute, boring

Tip for FF12 : Enable AR code that increase character movement speed while B is press.

Grimalkin

Waaaaaaaah!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
FF3's battle system and encounter rate is crap and friggin annoying.

Also, the characters have no substance, everyone you meet is like... "oh, another one".

fenthwick

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
FF3 has feels so odd. There is no depth and you do not feel any conncetion to the characters.

FF12 RW has more to the characters but it's not a true RPG but it'd be my choice as it has better story.

Jaejae

Superfly Don't Used
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Yep, FFVI is awesome, I remember it on SNES.
That being said, most of the people who dislike FFIII dislike it because it is substantially harder right away than most of the other Final Fantasy games.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
To all those saying FF3 feels odd, is boring, has no proper story or substance, remember that it is a port from a NES game.

Yes, it has changed a lot, it has been made easier, but people still find it hard.

Hell, I remember at the cave at the start those orcs could pretty much wipe out my party (You started with 4 "Onion Kids" or something (I think, somebody can correct me on that)) and getting out of the cave was a real pain, but now "Luneth" can pretty much solo the cave with each monster only doing 2 or 3 damage to him, and him killing them all in one or two hits.

If you've played FFIII before, go with FFXII:RW.

If you havn't, and are looking for a turn-based RPG, go with FFIII.

damnet

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
play them both!!!

can't see why you have to chose one over another... play one, if you don't like it, try the other one OR play one, finish it, then play the other one OR play them both simultaneously, simple.

cynthia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Those who think FF3 is hard should try FF2 before saying that. The system is so different from the rest of the series, and some ghosts or whatever can wipe you out in 15 seconds in the first area you can explore.

FF3 for DS is a lot more balanced than the original, with better graphics. The storyline is a bit dull for these days, but since the last thing you should change in a remake is the storyline I think it's a nice port overall. Although job leveling is pretty boring...

If you can wait, FFIV is the way to go. Better storyline, better overall balance, better graphics and dubbed events make it a lot better than FFIII. Overall pretty decent title, and the summons are really well done based on the fact the hardware is DS. (And you can skip the effects too!)

FFXII:RW doesn't feel like FF in any way. It just feels like some other game, and it's more of a RTS than a RPG.

JBates

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
go revenant wings. i havent played it but i played FF3 and it was ok but at the end it sucks because unless you want to spend hours of power leveling your characters you aren't gonna beat the last boss. And i dont know about you but i hate power leveling. its a waste of time.
dry.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1