FF XII: Revenant Wings problems

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by elliot, Nov 25, 2007.

1. elliot
    OP

elliot Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 25, 2007
    Netherlands
    Hi there, so i was playing and enjoying it till i encountered some problems later in the game.

First problem after chapter 6 or so i can't select the fire monsters tab anymore or i'll freeze the game, not a big problem can still continue playing so didnt pay much attention to it.

Second problem is chapter 8-2 one of the mainstory stages get a blackscreen freeze immediatly after i press begin..
    so mine question is anyone have the same problem? or know a solution to it? i tried to use different versions of r4 1.11 and 1.12 still not working.

any help or suggestion will be appreciated.

2. adyum

adyum Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 2, 2007
    United States
    Have you tried a different rom dump? I haven't heard of anyone having a problem like that before.

3. Law

Law rip ninjacat that zarcon made me

Aug 14, 2007
    ‭jerkland
    Are you using any cheats? Somtimes they can affect games in that way.

4. elliot
    OP

elliot Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 25, 2007
    Netherlands
    Not using any cheats at all, by different romdump you mean another ff12 release then the one i'm using? not sure if i can post it here but i'm using the USA espalnds version.

5. Liad

Liad Member

Newcomer
    Aug 2, 2007
    Iceland
    try the Micronauts release i used that and played the entire game with no problems at all

6. elliot
    OP

elliot Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 25, 2007
    Netherlands
    i'll try the micronauts version, praying the save files will work..

7. adyum

adyum Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 2, 2007
    United States
    There should be no reason the save file wouldn't work.

8. elliot
    OP

elliot Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 25, 2007
    Netherlands
    It works! both problems gone, many thanks [​IMG]

9. Purple@work

Purple@work Member

Newcomer
    Nov 16, 2006
    United States
    bugger, I'm getting black screens after the 'load complete' message when continuing.. I'm only near the start of the game but I am using the micronauts version.

10. Nero

Nero GBAtemp RPG Maniac

Aug 11, 2007
    United States
    What version Firmware are you using to play?

~Nero

11. Purple@work

Purple@work Member

Newcomer
    Nov 16, 2006
    United States

but the Micro sd appears to be an 'EagleTec' as oppossed to a sandisk or kingston as see mentioned often.

12. Grimalkin

Grimalkin Waaaaaaaah!

Jun 9, 2006
    Canada
    Shouldn't be the problem, but try using 1.11

13. shinji257

shinji257 61396C68206D61737465722072616365 :3

Apr 9, 2007
    United States
    Just so you guys know I saw lag when trying to play using a downloaded version of FF12 during the CG videos. It skipped pretty badly when compared to an original cart (which I own). Then again this is on a 2GB sandisk microsd card but the same one plays Castlevania: POR without any lag. The release in question is the micronauts one.

EDIT: I have my own dump which I have yet to test. My dump is validated per a CRC check on advanscene.com.

14. ChaosSeeker

ChaosSeeker GBAtemp Regular

Nov 7, 2002
    United States
    The Infinite space
    Ive played the game all the way through the 10th Chapter, and have had no slowdown whatsoever during the cutscenes. The only slowdown I notice is during battles, when there is a lot of espers on the field. I am using 1.12

15. shinji257

shinji257 61396C68206D61737465722072616365 :3

Apr 9, 2007
    United States
    Are you using a 1GB or a 2GB microSD card? Please note that I specified a 2GB card. The 1GB cards tend to be faster and the 2GB cards are known to create some lag in some games. It was just that I had gotten one that worked well for Castlevania POR that I thought it was fast enough then I hit this game and apparently it still doesn't work as fast as my older 1GB card.

I should of added that the only real CG scene I have actually seen so far is the intro video (the one at the title) which doesn't even really count. That one skips pretty bad. I'm only 18% of the way through so I didn't know if there was any more yet. The cut scenes where the characters are talking and stuff isn't what I was referring to.

EDIT: Err.. There are a few short ones at the begging of the game. The first one skips a bit on the online release but does not on my own dump. Weird. [​IMG] Same flashcart, Same microSD card, Same game, Same region, Different dumper.

16. ChaosSeeker

ChaosSeeker GBAtemp Regular

Nov 7, 2002
    United States
    The Infinite space
    Oh, sorry Shinji. Yea, Im using a 1gb kingston.