FF VI does not save correct!

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by txt, Feb 8, 2007.

Feb 8, 2007

FF VI does not save correct! by txt at 10:34 AM (874 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. txt
    OP

Newcomer txt Member

United States
    After playing FF VI for like an hour (great game) it didnt save anymore, it would say "saved" but the savefile was still the same... Saving in slot 2 and 3 didnt save either.... Quick save brought me to the title screen without "Continue" Link.......

I tried around some, and I cannot fix this problem! Either save will be corrupt after restoring from one of the 12 Flashcard-Saves or I cannot save the game anymore......

How can I patch it? Srampatcher.exe and GBATA do not patch it! Why

2. Irissama

Newcomer Irissama Member

What are you using, a Supercard? If you are, when you save you have to press LRSELECTA afterwards to save to your memory card.

3. txt
    OP

Newcomer txt Member

United States
    i use an xgflash2 card, its a bit old.... on supercard LRSELECTA is to save the *state*? or the normal save? with my flashcard i cannot save states unfortunately..

4. Irissama

Newcomer Irissama Member

Well I don't know the xgflash2, but on the supercard it's not to save the state. That's another combination. The LRSELECTA is the "SC normal save". It writes up your save data to the card. If you shut down a GBA game without doing it you lose your save since it was not backed up to the memory card.