FF Tactics A2 keeps freezing on me during gameplay. Why?

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by Fel, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Fel
    OP

Member Fel GBAtemp's Adventurer

Czech Republic
    So far I've had no problems at all with my M3DS Real, using Sakura 4.7c (or what's the number of the second latest version). When playing for the first time FF Tactics A2 for half an hour (up to the point where the quest with the Yellow Wings appears), it was fine. However, when I've started up the game today, it suddenly began freezing. First during the intros, it froze on me during the black logo. Then it froze when I opened the quest roster in a pub. Then when I went to the shop. Then again. Now, I had to restart my DS after each of these freezes, and they happened several seconds after I booted up and loaded the game. After my fourth or fifth try the game suddenly stopped freezing, all was fine, until I finished almost two missions. Then it froze in the middle of the second battle, after about 30-45 minutes of gameplay.

What's happening? Does it have anything to do with my DS falling on the ground? However, all other games run fine. And I've got a class 6 A-DATA, which doesn't freeze even when playing TWEWY. Is there anything I can do about it? Why is it happening?

2. bluejays

Member bluejays GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Are you using any cheats i remember experiencing a ton of freezes with some cheats that i used when i beat the game. But during the regular part of the game it did not freeze.

3. Fel
    OP

Czech Republic
    No, I'm not using any cheats and don't have RTS on.

4. bluejays

Canada
    Try re-downloading the game or backing up everything and reformatting micro sd then place all files back in.

5. Perseid

Member Perseid GBAtemp Regular

United States
    You might want to make sure it's just that one game. Some flash carts, including the M3 Real, push the contacts on the DS back, causing the cart to eventually not be recognized and freeze randomly. I ended up having to tape a small piece of paper to the back of mine to get it to work better.

6. Vulpes Abnocto

Former Staff Vulpes Abnocto Drinks, Knows Things

United States
    I run a setup nearly identical to yours,
    (M3 real, Sakura, A-data class 6) and the only issue that I could see causing this problem would be a bad connection between the M3 and the DS.
    There are times when my M3 becomes improperly seated in the DS and issues such as this arise.
    Normally they can be remedied by adjusting the card in it's slot, but the tape trick Perseid mentioned might also work.

7. Fel
    OP

Czech Republic
    I did play Reverse of Arcadia before that, and for half an hour DQ just to make sure yesterday, and they didn't freeze. I'll try playing something for a longer period of time to make sure it's just Tactics. By the way, when I tried to play it again, it didn't freeze this time at all. Weird.

8. bluejays

Canada
    I know sometimes when im playing i will move around if im uncomfortable playing in my current position and sometimes if i give my ds too much of a shake while moving the game freezes.

9. DarkStriker

Member DarkStriker GBAtemp's Kpop lover!

Norway
    Doesn't that mean your game cart is kinda slippy? The only way for my game cart to actually slip or move at all is to make it fall at ground and yes i have done that 2-3 times by accident xD

10. bluejays

Canada
    Well like it only happens when i like bump it on a wall when i jump on my bed xD not that hard but enough to give the ds a good shake.