FF:CC EoT rom injection?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by nl255, Apr 20, 2009.

1. nl255
    OP

nl255 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 9, 2004
    Assuming Final Fantasy CC, Echoes of Time is just an emulated version of the DS game like many reviews state, has anyone looked at injecting other DS roms into the FF:CC emulator?

2. clonesniper666

clonesniper666 KRII LUN AUS

Jul 31, 2007
    United States
    The Great Underworld Warzone
    I do not believe that you can do that. I believe that the file structure would be different. Plus didn't FFCC:EOT have wii controls on the wii. I could be wrong so take my post with a grain of salt, it is still possible that you could do that.

3. LightyKD

LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Angel Grove, CA
    No special Wii controls, it was just a straight up port.

4. joda

joda GBAtemp Fan

Jul 12, 2007
    UmeƄ
    Yea, and it's a modified port; not a straight emulated rom ...

5. clonesniper666

clonesniper666 KRII LUN AUS

Jul 31, 2007
    United States
    The Great Underworld Warzone
    Well it may be possible then. I had no idea if it had special controls, because I have yet to play the wii version, but the ds version was pretty good. Honestly I do not htink I would want to try to Find the ds file if it is even in the same format. Just seems like a waste of time, plus it would be really hard to do. No offense to those who would welcome the idea.

6. eric_4_life

eric_4_life GBAtemp Regular

Nov 10, 2008
    Canada
    The DS version is 128 mb, while the Wii version is 2.6gb, so there's your answer

7. alfatreze

alfatreze Member

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2007
    It apparently uses the same assets but it's cmopiled specifically for the wii, it'd certainly for that reason they use the pollux cross platform engine. They mapped the wii controls and added the mechanism for the dual screen and use of the wii hardware, especially for the online mode.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy..._Echoes_of_Time