FF 13 no japanese audio for 360 owners?

twisteddeeds

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
FFXIII 360 Exhibits Storage Limitations, PS3 Not Affected

final-fantasy-xiii.jpg

According to Final Fantasy XIII producer Yoshinori Kitase, the Xbox 360 version of the eagerly awaited RPG may only include English voiceovers due to its limited storage capacity per disc – the PlayStation 3 release, however, is not affected by such constraints thanks to Blu-ray.

“Obviously, when we talk about XIII it’s for PS3 and Xbox – with PS3 being on Blu ray there would be enough memory, but on Xbox probably not,” said Kitase. “At the moment we’re thinking of releasing the voice in English only. Are there many people who would like to play with Japanese voices?”

For the sake of all Final Fantasy fans lets hope that this is the only limitation, I don’t want the actual game outside of languages affected just because of the Xbox 360 alone.

source

another source

Hey, did you hear? In the West, FFXIII is coming to the PS3 and the Xbox 360. The PS3 has Blu-ray. The Xbox 360 does not.

So when it comes to things like adding extra voice tracks, that might be difficult for the Xbox 360 version. According to Final Fantasy XIII producer Yoshinori Kitase, "Obviously, when we talk about XIII it's for PS3 and Xbox – with PS3 being on Blu ray there would be enough memory, but on Xbox probably not. At the moment we're thinking of releasing the voice in English only. Are there many people who would like to play with Japanese voices?"

Um... Yes. This must be a trick question. We're sure of it.

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Many people will prefer japanese voices..... thats why people love undubbing
smile.gif

But I don't have a ps3/360 though so no loss.... But if it was the wii, im sure it will be worse.... Maybe no voiceovers at all?

Neko

Been a while.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
jalaneme said:
epic fail imo. why are square einx wasting time on the xbox 360?

This post is epic fail. There is no word that can describe my enormous hate against this blatant flaming of what is called the Xbox 360.

Well, I won't mind it if the english voices are good.
smile.gif

Flawsdraw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
1) HD-DVD's are no longer made so can't use that
2) Japanesse voices are crappy anyway, I hate it when people undub to hear japanesse, if the english voice over is that bad then turn the volume down and put some music on seriously this fetish for japanesse stuff is rather strange
3) Don't affect me anyway I'll get this for the PS3 for the raw power... thats only if it's nothing like FF12 cuz that was worse than some the shovelware for the wii

SoLuckys

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cyprus
x.domination said:
Many people will prefer japanese voices..... thats why people love undubbing
smile.gif

But I don't have a ps3/360 though so no loss.... But if it was the wii, im sure it will be worse.... Maybe no voiceovers at all?
Shitty graffics too for the wii
frown.gif

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
For me, the issue is not that the Japanese voices are like so extra super cool, but rather that the dubbed voices are so unbearably horrible that I would rather eat South African AIDS orphans than listen to them. For many of the games that I undub I would gladly just turn the voice volume off instead, but I've found that the less bearable the voices are, the more likely it is that the developers will try to force me to listen to them.

I struggled through the voices in FFX, and I'm done now. I will never again play through a game that makes me listen to annoying people bitch at length about how annoying they are.

B-Blue

slut
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Antarctica
Destructobot said:
For me, the issue is not that the Japanese voices are like so extra super cool, but rather that the dubbed voices are so unbearably horrible that I would rather eat South African AIDS orphans than listen to them. For many of the games that I undub I would gladly just turn the voice volume off instead, but I've found that the less bearable the voices are, the more likely it is that the developers will try to force me to listen to them.

I struggled through the voices in FFX, and I'm done now. I will never again play through a game that makes me listen to annoying people bitch at length about how annoying they are.

Whoa! where did you come from?

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
English Only Voices=More import friendly for people without Japanese knowledge

At this rate there may be an English option in the Japanese version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you pee in the water