Few Random Quick Questions

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Deviyl, Jul 22, 2009.

1. Deviyl
    OP

Deviyl GBAtemp Fan

Oct 2, 2008
    United States
    [*]I'm currently on v4.0U. Does this mean to upgrade to v4.1U I don't need IOS60? Just grab the v4.1U SM file and run it through wad manager?[*]Again, currently on 4.0U with dark theme. I originally used 00...72.app with DarkMii.mym to create a DarkMii.csm file and I used that with MyMenufy to install. I can use this new csm file on any 4.0U wii? [*]I just read this guide: DarkMii on 4.1.. once I have the 00..7b.app file created, do I need to use FSToolBox or can I just install the app with MyMenufy? [*]Also, will this work on all 4.1U Wiis?[*]Can I create one hacks.ini file on SD card and copy all hacks to it? They're all marked with SM version anyway..Thanks a lot. =D

I'm creating a NAND dump now and I'll probably end up answering a few of these myself if I don't get an answer in a few minutes. But the others I'm still curious about. =)

EDIT:
    I didn't do #1.. just did Nintendo update and reinstalled PreLoader. Still curious about this though..

#3 works wonderfully with MyMenufy.. no need for another app on my card. I was also able to rename the file to something else and it worked fine. So now I have 4.0 DarkMii and 4.1 DarkMii that won't get confused.

And #5 works too. I created hacks.ini with all hacks from 4.0U and 4.1U and when PreLoader looks, it only loads applicable hacks. Nice. =D

2. DigitalSquirrel

DigitalSquirrel GBAtemp Regular

Oct 26, 2008
    United States
    4.1 really changes nothing besides the fix for Wiiresort, just use Wakinoko's updater.

3. Deviyl
    OP

Deviyl GBAtemp Fan

Oct 2, 2008
    United States
    Thanks, but I already said I did Nintendo update.. and I'm far past that.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice