Gaming few questions on /XBR console

djricekcn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I searched few things on google, but I either get different answer or I, myself, is not 100% sure / feels comfortable. I know some of these may be already asked here on the forums but please understand my worried position
wink.gif

1)When backing up my own printed DVD's and making it as an ISO, what program is recommended? (PC side)
2)I read only on one site "HFS+" format. Is this true? If so, what PC App allows me to format into HFS and read/write from it? I do have a OSX at home but I prefer to use my PC since I'm on it more than the OSX, but want HFS because that doesn't have 4gb limit and from knowledge, it writes faster than fat32.
3)When moving the ISO to HDD, how exactly do I do it with xdvdmulleter? I'm having trouble opening this app right now and can't figure out why at the moment, but just for reference on the future I would like to know what's it like / how it is done.
4)How do I rip games to HDD from X360 console that's JTAG?
5)How do I play those games on HDD in return (I found about 4 different ways and not sure which way is the best for this, tis why I ask)

add
6)How do I upgrade XBR and etc? I heard about using linux or something but I have no knowledge of this and having trouble locating a turtorial. I can't really do it through LPT because I don't got one and I heard add-on cards for the i7 won't work.

I think that's all the question but if you happen to notice a question that's related into that area and I didn't ask, please do let me know.

I appreciate your help.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
1) Retail copies, xbox backup creator ( http://www.xbox-scene.com/xbox1data/sep/Ek...EkkShfGttpi.php ) and a 0800 mode drive- you can either flash a 360 drive to always use it or use the 0800 mode built into the 1.6 line (tray half open things). Couple this with a check from ABGX360. I suppose you could get/make a ripping drive but 0800 mode is so much easier.
I know you did not ask but looking at the other questions homebrew can rip games as well now.

2) Not sure where you read that, obviously you will need large file support on the drive things are going to. If you are still using fat32 for the main OS drive can instead suggest an ext partition of some form: HFS drivers are far worse than third party NTFS drivers in my experience.

3) You must be reading a very old guide, ABGX360 replaced it ages ago. Xbox backup creator should leave you with a working ISO.

4) Usual way unless of course you mean how do I dodge the need to rip with the PC in which case xexloader.

5) See 4) but also there is xexloader which is starting to act a bit like a replacement dashboard. At this very moment in time you will need to patch isos to remove media checks but that should be gone next version if the NFO is to be believed.

6) It is flashing the NAND time these days (there might be a "simple" method in the future but I doubt it will come soon), if it is no way no how for parallel there is a USB option but it is expensive to make (probably about $60 USD plus time).
This being said compatibility with "add on" cards as you call them (not an incorrect term but a fairly rare one) are a motherboard thing not a CPU thing when it comes to compatibility, I agree some of the cards (motherboards too for that matter) have odd ideas when it comes to implementing the parallel spec but there are good ones available (the 360 might not be all that fussy either).

What will probably be best for you now is to poke around http://www.xbins.org/ and the read the NFOs there. Things have cooled off a bit but not to the level where guides are all that useful.

djricekcn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks =)

also, i downloaded abgx but not sure how to make it into a HDD file. I understand the .dvd file for the .iso, but I can't figure out what I need to use for HDD on X360.

D

Deleted-19228

FAST6191 said:
1) Retail copies, xbox backup creator ( http://www.xbox-scene.com/xbox1data/sep/Ek...EkkShfGttpi.php ) and a 0800 mode drive- you can either flash a 360 drive to always use it or use the 0800 mode built into the 1.6 line (tray half open things). Couple this with a check from ABGX360. I suppose you could get/make a ripping drive but 0800 mode is so much easier.
I know you did not ask but looking at the other questions homebrew can rip games as well now.

2) Not sure where you read that, obviously you will need large file support on the drive things are going to. If you are still using fat32 for the main OS drive can instead suggest an ext partition of some form: HFS drivers are far worse than third party NTFS drivers in my experience.

3) You must be reading a very old guide, ABGX360 replaced it ages ago. Xbox backup creator should leave you with a working ISO.

4) Usual way unless of course you mean how do I dodge the need to rip with the PC in which case xexloader.

5) See 4) but also there is xexloader which is starting to act a bit like a replacement dashboard. At this very moment in time you will need to patch isos to remove media checks but that should be gone next version if the NFO is to be believed.

6) It is flashing the NAND time these days (there might be a "simple" method in the future but I doubt it will come soon), if it is no way no how for parallel there is a USB option but it is expensive to make (probably about $60 USD plus time).
This being said compatibility with "add on" cards as you call them (not an incorrect term but a fairly rare one) are a motherboard thing not a CPU thing when it comes to compatibility, I agree some of the cards (motherboards too for that matter) have odd ideas when it comes to implementing the parallel spec but there are good ones available (the 360 might not be all that fussy either).

What will probably be best for you now is to poke around http://www.xbins.org/ and the read the NFOs there. Things have cooled off a bit but not to the level where guides are all that useful.

5) Wrong.

XBR3 auto patches media flag.

To OP:

Use FAT32, nothing you will copy is larger than 4GB.

Join #Free60 on EFNet for support. I assist a lot on there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Green name speaks true :P