Hacking Few questions on ARMloader from old Emunand upgrade

Runehasa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this has been asked a million times but I have been away from the scene for some time now before the Armloaderhax took off. I have a New 3ds XL USA 9.2 currently using an Emunand that has been highly configured with lots of things installed. My questions are as follows
1. Can I follow this guide https://3ds.guide/ and convert my Emunand to become my SYSnand and retain all my currently installed games
2. If I dont care about bootup time is there any real reason to get off of emunand and go to Luma?
3. Are there any better guides to follow if I already have homebrew menu install and emunand working?

satan89

Trophies
XP
Country
India
1. Can I follow this guide https://3ds.guide/ and convert my Emunand to become my SYSnand and retain all my currently installed games

Yes, you can also keep your emuNAND as emuNAND after a9lh, you dont necessarily have to make it sysnand.

2. If I dont care about bootup time is there any real reason to get off of emunand and go to Luma?

Depends. Boot time and boot rate are the major pros. Also, you should be almost unbrickable (not that you can brick with menuhax) after a9lh, and mostly not worry about ota updates. Few other benefits too like community support etc. For basic ROMs and homebrew, there's no difference between the two.

3. Are there any better guides to follow if I already have homebrew menu install and emunand working?

This is widely considered the best guide so go ahead.

My advice would be a9lh, then autoboot into emuNAND.
Go through the guide, if you don't feel like you want to do it, and you dont have a problem with menuhax boot, then stick with what you have. I dont think it's likely menuhax+ emuNAND will ever have any lesser game compatibility than a9lh, they're both just entry points. The guide has changed a lot since the beginning of a9lh, becoming easier and safer, and as simple and safe as it is now, it can only get better in future, so you dont lose anything by holding out with menuhax for longer.

Last edited by satan89,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
1. Yes
2. Yes, brick proof, and console behaves like a stock console. No more 2GB for emuNAND on your SD card. No more installing GBA and DSiWare on both NANDs. Easy to upgrade SD cards (just copy and paste files)
3. Plailect's guide is the best (and only) guide. Having an emuNAND already doesn't mean you can skip any steps since everything is done on sysNAND.

Runehasa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Success last question to anyone who can answer this. Now that I have Luma CFW running on the armloader9hax. Am I able to update to the latest firmware by going through settings? I know as part of the guide it says to do the below step and update it but I just want to check if that step is still relevant today with the latest firmware?

3. Regardless of whether or not you did either of the above two steps, update your 3DS by going to System Settings, then “Other Settings”, then going all the way to the right and using “System Update”

11.2.0-35 U

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Success last question to anyone who can answer this. Now that I have Luma CFW running on the armloader9hax. Am I able to update to the latest firmware by going through settings? I know as part of the guide it says to do the below step and update it but I just want to check if that step is still relevant today with the latest firmware?

3. Regardless of whether or not you did either of the above two steps, update your 3DS by going to System Settings, then “Other Settings”, then going all the way to the right and using “System Update”

11.2.0-35 U
Yes the step is still relevant today. It wouldn't be in the guide if it wasn't relevant. It's safe to update to 11.2 if you haven't already now that you have A9LH.

Reactions: Runehasa

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass