Few questions of DQM: Joker

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Satangel, Nov 13, 2007.

Nov 13, 2007

Few questions of DQM: Joker by Satangel at 6:48 PM (3,783 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. Satangel
    OP

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    Should I keep that special monster? (the one you meet and can talk)
    Will I keep it after the game is completed, or not?
    Cuz if I train it, and then lose it later in the story, alot of exp. is lost.

And what does Agility?

And Wisdom?

And is it ok to synthesise my monsters directly when they reach lvl 10?

Do they always come stronger out of a synthesation, or not?

2. Szyslak

Member Szyslak Nudibranch Lover

United States
    I'll answer what I can, but there's really no way to answer your "special monster" questions without plot spoilers. But simply put, yes, you should keep him. He's a major part of the plot of the game.

[title:Major Spoiler. Only open if you don't care about the plot or have beaten the game][title:I'm not kidding. It's a pretty major spoiler]Your "special monster" is the Incarnus. It will take on a new form each time you complete a shrine. Once it takes on a new form, you can synthesize it with another monster to learn the skill for that form.
    You can use your Incarnus in the Scout Tournament, so it's a good idea to level him up. Once you win the scout tournament, Dr Snap takes him away from you and turns him into his dark form. Eventually though, you will track down Dr Snap, and you'll fight the dark form of your Incarnus. He will then re-join you, right before the final battle. You may or may not need him to win the final battle. It depends on how strong the rest of your party is.

After you finish the game, you'll be able to synthesize your Incarnus into any of its child or adult forms. Very cool.

Agility determines when you will act in battle. So the higher your agility, the sooner you act. In general, it's helpful if you can strike the enemy before they strike you.

Wisdom makes you magic more powerful / effective. So upping wisom on your healer makes them heal more. Upping wisdom on a magic attacher does more damage.

As to whether you should synth right at level 10, it's up to you. You get skill points at level 11, so I almost always wait until at least level 11. It really depends on whether you are trying to build up a skill before passing it on.

Monsters do not always come out stronger from Synthesis. You have to be careful about what you synthesize into. But the synthesis system will tell you if the monster you are creating is "New" or stronger (with a symbol). Usually the 3rd option isn't stronger, but will let you change families.

3. Satangel
    OP

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    K, tnx alot for the clear replies!
    Here are some more questions:

If I use Seed of Skill (or other seeds) on a monster, will that monster take that with him if he synthesizes?

Again tnx for the answers

4. Szyslak

United States
    If you use a seed of skill on a monster, you give it 3 extra skill points. You can allocate those skill points just like the ones you get for gaining certain levels. When you synthesize that monster, you will pass on 1/2 of it's allocated skill points from each parent to the child monster.

Other seeds get added directly to the monster's stats. When you synth the monster, you pass on 1/4 of the stats from each parent to the child.

I love the synthesis system in this game. So addicting.

5. T-hug

Chief Editor T-hug Always like this.

pip
    United Kingdom
    Does anyone know of the site that lists all the monsters and which are needed to synth each one?
    It was in one of the DQMJ threads but after searching them I can't find it [​IMG]

6. jesterscourt

Member jesterscourt Not Brad.

United States
    I would think something along those lines might be found on Gamefaqs, no?

7. T-hug

pip
    United Kingdom
    Ya gamefaqs has a few guides in .txt format but there was a specific site people kept reffering to that had pics of all 201 monsters with synth patterns (think thats how many).
    Just wanted to look before I start to synth as I haven't synth'd anything yet for fear of missing out on something better. Also trying to get my creatures all to lv.11 before mixing them up as I hear it's best for stats/skills. Also read lv.20 is good but theres no way I'm grinding them all to that first lol.

8. AndreXL

Member AndreXL GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Philippines
  9. deathfisaro

Member deathfisaro Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan

Canada
    Split your monsters into two groups, your "mains" and those just for library filling sake.
    I level my mains intensely before synthing, for example if I'm making a Gem Slime, I'm leveling all its recipe monsters to high level.
    But I won't level the recipes of Black Dragon as much. Later I'll just use this Black Dragon as a base to create some other useful monsters like Buffalogre.

10. Szyslak

United States
    The problem with that site is that it doesn't list any of the skills or traits that a monster has, once synthesized. It becomes very important late in the game to look for certain traits or skills in order to use certain monsters as "pieces" on your way to a high rank monster.

The guide I found most helpful was the monster list on gamefaqs by zelos. With Firefox, you can have a little search box on the bottom of the page for searching the text document. Infinitely helpful for finding out synthesizing possibilities.

Just some general advice: When you get farther in the game, the difference between level 11 and 20 will be non-existant (1 battle). Just concentrate on building the highest ranked party of 3 that you possibly can, and level them up. So if you can synthesize to a higher rank, do it. Don't grow attached to your monsters. Your Great Dragon will seem unattainable at first, but by the end of the game, they will be easy to make, and you'll need 6 of them.

BTW, feel free to ask for any synthesizing recommendations. I'm sure there are plenty of people here to give the pros / cons of a monster chain.

11. T-hug

pip
    United Kingdom
    Awesome help and advice guys, thanks very much!
    This game has blown me away with it's sheer size and depth, been neglecting other stuff because of this game, very impressive!

12. deathfisaro

Member deathfisaro Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan

Canada
    I beat the Japanese version early this year, now I picked up the US version and beat it again. [​IMG]

13. zeppo

Member zeppo change my avatar!

United States
    I just used hiei-yyh's template to make codes to get all the best monsters in the game (I've done almost everything in the game anyway).