Few questions bout thailand (going for a hol)

kristijan08

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Next week i'll be going to thailand for a holiday and while over there i would like to pick up a few random things, so to anyone on the forums thats been (or even better lives there) i was wondering where your recommendations are to get the cheapest (yet still good quality):

1. clothes
2. shoes (basketball and formal ones)
3. suits; and of course
4. backup dvds!

i'll be staying in bangkok/phukket areas, but obviously have money to catch cabs etc.

thanks in advance to any replies!

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just go to pretty much any big market and you'll find what you're looking for.

Stay away from the prostitutes. I know it's cheap but the diseases aren't really worth it
tongue.gif

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I lived in Bangkok for the first 13 years of my life.

1. Any kind of clothes is fine, just make sure it's not making you too hot. When I'm not in school I usually where a T-Shirt and shorts.
2. Tennis shoes are not really needed if you're not going to run or play sports or something like that. Flip-flops are popular. I don't really know how they wear formal shoes, as I never need them.
3. What kind of suits are you talking about?
4. Piracy is really everywhere in Bangkok. They basically sell you stuffs that you can get for free online. You can have your whole place filled with pirated stuffs. Just make sure you use them for yourself.

kikuchiyo

大阪に生まれた男
Trophies
Website
coin-battle.com
XP
Country
United States
Don't buy DVDs. I bought a ton of DVDs the last time I was in Bangladesh, but the media quality was shit and most of them work poorly or not at all after a few months. It's really just not worth it.

Clothes, on the other hand, can be a steal. I still have collared shirts I use for work I got in B'desh.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: